cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App not working - BT ID nightmare!

Tim_McCarthy

BT Sport App not working - BT ID nightmare!

Hi

I recently signed up to plusnet and also youview tv with BT sport added on. BT sport works fine on the youview box however I'm having a nightmare trying to get my BT Sport App working! I've been through the registration process and created a BT id but when I log into the App it says "You haven't activated BT Sport on your account yet". 

I can't go through the registration process again as it simply says "Great news, you've already completed your registration. To access BT Sport simply download the BT Sport app and log in using your BT ID." ! I've contacted BT about this but they are unable to resolve it and I really don't know what to do next! 

Is it possible to cancel the original BT Sport app order, create a new one in the hope I can go through the registration process again? Or is there a known way to resolve this issue?

regards,

Tim

12 REPLIES 12
tolmie35
Grafter

Re: BT Sport App not working - BT ID nightmare!

Ive had the issue for 3 weeks so welcome to the club.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

Hi @Tim_McCarthy and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the sign up of your BT Sports App BT ID. I'd advise before we look to remove and re-add the channel pack (as this could take some time) we first try and gain access to the apparently already existing account.
I'd advise then, following the steps if unsure on the BTID login details which can be done here

Usually the BTID login will be an email address so I'd advise trying the one associated with your Plusnet account.
If you try several things as the username and it isn't recognised any then if you click the " Forgot your BT ID username?" You should be able to input your contact number with ourselves and get the login details reset that way.

Let us know how it goes.

Ben Devine
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @tolmie35, sorry to hear you're having issues with signing up to the BT Sports App also.
By all means if you could describe the issue you're experiencing in further details we'll happily look to assist where we can in hopefully resolving the issue.

Ben Devine
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

Are you joking, here is a link to my issue that has went on for 3 weeks, https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Bt-sport-app-on-Samsung-TV/td-p/1593044

Highlighted
Tim_McCarthy

Hi thanks for your reply I think you have misunderstood, I can log in this is what comes up...
tolmie35
Grafter

I get the exact same and have done for 3 weeks, Ive been told there is an IT problem, all in the other thread, poor, really poor.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @tolmie35, apologies for overlooking you already had a thread open regarding the BT Sports App issues you're experiencing. I can see your issue is somewhat different to that which @Tim_McCarthy is experiencing and I can see you've called earlier today in regards to it.

Ben Devine
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Tim_McCarthy, thank you for the imagine of what appears when trying to login to the BT Sports App. I've discussed what steps we can take to try and resolve the issue you're seeing with our back end team and raised a ticket on your account here with steps we can take to hopefully get your BT Sports App up and running.

Ben Devine
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

Did you get anywhere Tim, now 4 weeks for me.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Hi @tolmie35

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue with your BT Sport app.

I can assure you that we are trying to resolve the issue affecting your service as soon as possible, I do apologise and understand how frustrating this must be for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Warwick
 Plusnet Help Team
Gillysfillys
Hooked

Been on absolutely ages signing up today it took me around in circles for 2 hours to the point I didn't know if signed up or.not then eventually it saild I was signed up. What a nightmare it.is.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Hi @Gillyfillys

Thanks for highlighting this - I'm sorry that the signup journey took longer than you anticipated (and certainly longer than I'd expect).

If there's anything we can help with - just let us know the specifics and we'll be happy to get involved.

Best wishes

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team