cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App - availability after joining Plusnet

steve49

BT Sport App - availability after joining Plusnet

Hi. I'm joining Plusnet on 21 December. Anyone have any idea how quickly will I be able to get access to the BT Sport app? My son's quite keen to watch the Boxing Day test, but unless I can get access to the app on Thursday 21st or Friday 22nd, then we're into the weekend and then Christmas Day, when I assume everything shuts down.

Any advice gratefully received (have tried Plusnet online chat without getting much further forward).

Thanks.

8 REPLIES
bmc
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: BT Sport App - availability after joining Plusnet

As far as I know it's automatic so Christmas in itself shouldn't affect availability. You need to hope your install is on the due day and then possibly wait overnight to ensure your account is valid on the BT database.

When I joined I already had a BT account (for my phone line) and was a long term PlusNet user so I had no real problems - it took me a while to figure out the validation. In the end I still don't know what I did but it works.

I use Chromecast to enable TV viewing.

Brian

steve49

Hi Brian.

Thanks for that. We're also currently with BT, and BT Sport and the app are included in our current subscription so let's hope that helps things go smoothly!

Anyway by that stage if we're 3-0 down, he may have lost interest.

Again, many thanks for your advice!

Steve

bmc
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

So you'll have a BT account already set up. Even though I've now cancelled my phone line if I login to BT it shows PlusNet BT Sport app as a service I'm receiving.

You should be able to order the app as soon as your PlusNet account is live . There's a response e-mail to answer but that's all as far as I remember. You'll already have the app and know how it works.

Potentially it could go live on the same day but at worst it should be the following day.

Brian

tonys08

My broadband and phone switched from BT to Plusnet yesterday (Friday), reconfigured my BT Smarthub with the Plusnet broadband name and password, called Plusnet straight after to add TV package, switched on my BT 1tb Youview box this morning and BT Sport came up, no reset required!!  Haven't tried the app yet.  Feels like I am still on BT :-) !!

Highlighted
steve49

Many thanks, Brian and Tony for your help.

Hopefully it will all go smoothly!

Steve

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 505

Hi Steve and welcome aboard.

When your account is activated, you should be able to signup for the BT Sport app here.

It can take about 24 hours for the app to be activated.

Let us know how how your activation goes and if you have any issues at all.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Mark63
Dabbler

A question I've been asked, can you add YouView and BT Sport after you have joined Plusnet's FTTC service ?

Someone I know intends to open a PN FTTC account, but may wish to add the YouView option with a BT Sport HD sub a couple of months later.

I note that the broadband account must be an 18 months term , so presumably he'd have to extend this for another two months if he signs up two months later for the TV package ?

Am I right in thinking it would be 5 pounds/mth for the TV package, another 5/mth for BT Sport, and another 3/mth for BT Sport in HD ?  (Plus a one off 6.99 charge for P&P for the basic YouView box ?)

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 505

Welcome to the community forums @Mark63

can you add YouView and BT Sport after you have joined Plusnet's FTTC service ?

Yep.

I note that the broadband account must be an 18 months term , so presumably he'd have to extend this for another two months if he signs up two months later for the TV package ? 

I believe adding YouView would restart the entire contract length.

It may be worth asking them to call our TV sales team on 0800 0113 217 to discuss this/confirm.

Am I right in thinking it would be 5 pounds/mth for the TV package, another 5/mth for BT Sport, and another 3/mth for BT Sport in HD ?  (Plus a one off 6.99 charge for P&P for the basic YouView box ?)

That's correct. Sounds like you've got the details from here: https://www.plus.net/tv/ Thumbs Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team