Did you mean: 

BT Sport App access not working after successful activation of BT ID

FIXED
Highlighted
Mallett94
Hooked

BT Sport App access not working after successful activation of BT ID

Hello all

My family's been having a problem since January where the BT Sport App does not work using the same details which worked for well over a year previously.

The most recent drastic solution by the support team was to cancel the bt sport and then just completely cease the TV service. A few days after that we then ordered PlusnetTV fresh. All of the subscription channels which were ordered are coming through the YouView box just fine.

The first BT Sport activation link didn't work, so we were sent another and this did work. I was able to sign into the BT ID account on the BT Sport website and it correctly listed BT Sport from Plusnet as the service on the account. Signing into the app worked and viewing content worked fantastic!

Unfortunately less than 24 hours later when trying to view content through the BT Sport app using the same account, the error "You have not got BT Sport activated on your account" started to occur. Signing into the BT ID account no shows an error and lists no services/products on the account.

I think this may be linked to billing issues on our account? On the Dashboard we haven't had a bill generated for a couple of months (since the TV stuff was all added back onto the account) however on the account summary it does correctly list all of the products we have. However if I click the TV button, in this summary it only lists the default 'Entertainment' & 'BT Sport Lite' channel packs as selected.

There is definitely an issue on the account and has been occurring basically all year. It is a little disappointing because prior to this, everything was working absolutely 100% fine.

Please could a forum moderator look into this issue? Not having access to the BT Sport App (which we are paying for as part of the full BT Sport channel pack) is causing a bit of an issue.

Many thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 113

Re: BT Sport App access not working after successful activation of BT ID

Hi there, 

I'm sorry to see this is an issue and I'll make sure we're doing all that we can to help out. 

I've not been able to locate your account from your Community details so could you send us a private message with the username please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mallett94
Hooked

Hello Adam

Did you see my latest reply in your PM inbox?

Cheers.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 56

Hey @Mallett94 

I've just checked with @adamwalker and he's got the PM and will reply/contact you as soon as he can. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
Mallett94
Hooked

Good morning, I was wondering if some of the admins have seen my latest PMs? My dad has added some comments onto the ticket that was raised on his account.

He would really appreciate it if someone could give him a status update.

Regards.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Fix

Hello @Mallett94 I can see you have sent a Private Message to Gandalf, I have picked up on your query.

I have had a look into the account and responded to the issue via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

Mallett94
Hooked

Everything is now sorted. Thank you to all of the forum moderators who helped get the problem resolved, particularly @Gandalf .

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 854

Cheers for the post back @Mallett94 

No problem I'm glad we've managed to get your BT Sport App sorted and working for you now. 

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team