cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App BTID

fairb
Dabbler

BT Sport App BTID

I've just signed up for the BT Sport App but I'm having problems getting a BTID. Plusnet sent me an email telling me to follow a link which I do and which takes me to a BT page (https://secureorder.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-27455&productKey=CON-BT...) asking me for my Plusnet username and my post code. These I input and it indicates it's happy with these. However when I hit continue all I get is the following which takes me back to inputting my username and post code again when I click here. Anybody seen this and know how to get around it?

Sorry…

Sorry, somethings gone wrong. Click here to try again.

29 REPLIES 29
Fixes: 559

Re: BT Sport App BTID

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to TV

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 40

Hi @fairb, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of your BTID woes and for the delayed response.

The first thing we'd ask is: Have you ever set up a BTID in the past, perhaps with another provider?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
fairb
Dabbler

Hi,

No never had a BTID. This is the first time I’ve done this. Wanted to watch the rugby.

Sannd908x

Hi

Having the same problem myself. Spoke to tech support earlier today. It seems that it is a problem with a BT system that needs fixing.  It's a Bank Holiday weekend and half term so you can bet there is no one in BT is working on a fix. Would like to be wrong but experience would suggest not. Doubt there is even anyone available to escalate it to. I would expect a resolution Tuesday at the earliest. I was hoping to see the Exeter Chiefs game at least but hey ho.

fairb
Dabbler

Thanks for that. Yes, I was keen to see the rugby too. It's a bit disappointing really. When it says "somethings gone wrong" it's a fairly clear sign that the system is broke, Either a BT server or the comms between BT and Plusnet servers?

fairb
Dabbler

Just an update. Spoke to Plusnet support first thing yesterday when I first got the problem. They thought  maybe I should wait 24 hours and would call me back this morning at 8 o'clock. Reading the "simple steps" instructions I didn't see how the 24 hours applied to getting a BTID but went along with it anyway. No call back this morning from support and I'm not surprised it's still broke 24 hours later. So there's nobody at home in either Plusnet or BT who can sort this out for us (3 reported in on this forum so far and probably others out there). Joined Plusnet this year when they initially supplied me with a router that kept dropping out because of the older firmware it was running. Some Plusnet person supporting this forum sorted me out with that for which I am grateful but the service so far is best described as "cottage industry".

Sannd908x

Hi

Just tried it again myself. No surprise, it still doesn't work.

The Service Level Agreement between Plusnet and BT is either woefully inadequate or its not being adhered to. Either way the only people to suffer are the customer. If no one enforces the SLA or it doesn't maintain the same levels of service during Bank and School Holidays  then it all becomes best efforts and, as you say, takes on a "cottage industry" feel.

Let's hope it gets sorted by next week for the rugby final...... but then again it is a half term week.

fairb
Dabbler

Yes, I was wondering what sort of SLA is in place and what the response times might be? The guy on first line support was trying to do his his best but didn't seem to be that well supported himself.

Listened to the rugby on 5 Live and both games seemed quite lively. Coming from Devon originally I was pleased the Chiefs got there in the end. Yes, lets hope we can get this sorted for the final and that the Chiefs stuff Saracens.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 40

Hi all, thanks for your patience.

As I'd noticed a few examples of this issue popping up, I've spoken with our our Infrastructure Operations Team who advise me that they've raised an incident with our suppliers for investigation under (useless to you, but anyway...) IMT-3925. I've emailed both of your account details over to InfOps to ensure that they're added to the incident.

I'm told that the team at BT that would assist with this are out of the office until Tuesday but that it should be picked up and addressed then.

I'll keep a hold of this thread and hopefully update you all on Tuesday PM.

Please accept my apologies that I'm unable to provide any further information at the moment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
fairb
Dabbler

Appreciate the update on the action being taken. Just to make you aware customer Thirdman (BT ID nightmare thread) also seems to be experiencing the same problem.

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 2

Hi @fairb 

Many thanks for the update. I will ensure all affected users who have posted on these forums are added to the ongoing incident report.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with Smiley

Many thanks.

Jon Smith
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional
dottyed

We are also having this issue. Need it to be fully active by Wednesday as this is the reason for purchasing, we thought that activating it today would be plenty of time! 

Fixes: 559

If it's for the Europa league final, and I appreciate it's not ideal, it will be free to view on BT youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4i_9WvfPRTuRWEaWyfKuFw) and the BT sport app I believe.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
benj1
Hooked

I'm having the same problem too. Need a speedy response please!

Thanks