cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport App Availability - Very disappointed

DavidM10
Hooked

BT Sport App Availability - Very disappointed

I've just joined Plusnet and the deciding factor was the ability to get the BT Sport app. It turns out my account is 'ineligible" despite there being no suggestion on Plusnet's website that not every account could get it. I may be just paranoid but as I've just left BT I wonder if they're just being spiteful? The customer service experience wasn't brilliant; initially it was fine, the team told me there was a problem with BT authorising the app and I assumed this was a matter of a day to resolve; with no update a few days later I had to chase only to get the same response. I left a couple of messages that should have been clear that I wasn't happy, feeling misled and not regarding Plusnet with a warm, rosy opinion - they just closed down the thread, no acknowledgement of my disappointment, no apology, nothing. Ah well, I suppose it makes the choice of next broadband supplier easier.

15 REPLIES 15
zygo

Re: BT Sport App Availability - Very disappointed

Hi,

I'm new to PlusNet, too, having also migrated from BT where I, too, had BT Sport. My PlusNet account seems to permit me to take up the BT Sport additional service though I've chosen not to as I found I was using it less and less. Interestingly the BT "set top" MY VIEW box still works (though not with the BT Sport service of course as I'm no longer registered).

I was just wondering why your account is "not eligible" for BT Sport - are you on a super cheap rate or something?Huh

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Sorry to see this DavidM10, 

I'm really concerned by what you've mentioned as I see no reason why we can't provide you with BT Sport, there should be no question of eligibility. 

I've checked your account and see no reference to BT Sport noted on there, could you tell me more about what happened so I can look into it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidM10
Hooked

Hi Adam,

You may not see any reference because I may have registered the wrong Plusnet user account name in my forum profile. I can advise you the correct details and the conversation reference in a PM if that would help?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, please drop a reply back here once you've send the message.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidM10
Hooked

Hi Zygo,

Thanks for reaching out. As far as I know, the contract I'm on is just the regular one available to all via the Plusnet website; it's not a bundle, just unlimited fibre broadband for around £28. My You View box still works too, just changing the guide identity to You View from BT TV.

DavidM10
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that - PM sent

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers David, 

Please leave that with me for now as I'd like to take some time and investigate that thoroughly as I see no reason why we couldn't supply you with what you needed. I'll do some digging and will get back to you on Monday at the very latest if that's OK?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidM10
Hooked

Perfectly ok, Adam.
DavidM10
Hooked

Hi Adam,

I can't help noticing that the promised deadline for a response has been missed by some 7 days

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Hi @DavidM10

I'm sorry for the delay on this one - @adamwalker has been out of the office unexpectedly and unavoidably for some time.

If you could pop your username across to me via a PM I'll ensure that this is picked up today.

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidM10
Hooked

Thanks Dave, PM sent

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Hi @DavidM10 Thanks for dropping me that PM across.

I've reopened, taken ownership of and updated your complaint ticket here.

Best wishes

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidM10
Hooked

By way of an update for any in the community watching this post.

The Plusnet team re-opened my complaint thread to review further. Unfortunately, they were unable to fix the problem; I was advised "it looks unlikely that we'll be able to add the BT Sport App to your account for the foreseeable future. Essentially, an issue with our billing system is preventing the app from being added to your account and there is no way to circumvent this at present. As the billing system is currently under review, I'd expect this to be resolved but have no timescale for this as things stand"

It's still not clear if it is just my account that can't have the app or if there are other Plusnet customers with a similar problem - if there are, I hope this post helps.

My original comment still applies that the choice of my next broadband supplier will be easier because it won't be complicated by bundle deals; I hope that Plusnet can deliver a quality, reliable broadband service over the next 12 months since those will be the only criteria.

zygo

I picked up this issue the day after the post (see memo 2). I presume that as there are so many similarities between your account and my own, that all the offers of BT Sport that I've had would not be fulfilled if I chose to take them up. If I'm wrong, and I could transfer my options to you, I would, since I don't plan on taking it for myself. I just wonder if there are others in the same boat.

The "billing" argument doesn't ring true but if it is, then they could provide it free as that would circumvent the problem for the billings department.