Did you mean: 

BT Id problem

FIXED
Highlighted
Bamboozled
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BT Id problem

Hi having looked for a solution on the Forum I see this happens to ex BT Customers but can be fixed quite easily

I moved from BT 3 years or so ago and have indeed just taken another 12 Month Contract with Plusnet which includes the BT Sport App

So I used the Link to set up an Id and got the "you are already Registered" which I did not think I was as I dont recall ever using the App.

So I tried to Log in thinking my Id would be my Plusnet Username and Postcode but that did not work - so I have been trying to find my BT Id and have failed - getting to the Account Number I used to have with BT which though that was correct it is now dormant

So I wonder if someone can reset my Account please and I will if need be use my Wifes EMail next time if that helps any. She wont mind as it will allow me to watch BT in the Man Cave instead of me hogging the Big TV on Champions League nights !

Many thanks Bamboozled !

4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 10

Re: BT Id problem

Hi @Bamboozled,

Thanks for your post.

It's probably the first thing you tried - but have you tried registering with a different email address?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
Bamboozled
Rising Star

Hi Thanks for the reply

I want to try to register using a different EMail address but I have not managed to Register one with the BT App / BT yet

I read somewhere that I should have had a "link" initially to start Registration but I dont remeember that part of the process

So when I went to the App it said I was already registered - but of course I have no idea what Password / Usernam combination I used

Is there a way I can wipe out the App and start the process all over from scratch please as I would love to use the App and save me begging to watch Football on the Big TV

Many thanks Bamboozled (an apt name !)

Bamboozled
Rising Star

Fix

Hi

Pleased to report I have managed to fix my problem.

I tried using my BT Email from about 5 years ago and was surprised to see that BT then said "Sending a PIN to that EMail address"

I then entered that PIN and was prompted to choose a new Password

The biggest shock was when I went to the BT App and entered both it actually worked ! I am now watching it - so maybe bamboozled is a little harsh on myself (its not really - this ws a fluke !)

Problem fixed - Green Tick req'd

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 10

Hi @Bamboozled,

Thanks for the update.

We're pleased to hear that you're now able to enjoy your BT Sports package.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else at all.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team