Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Hub 6

mrmitch85
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

BT Hub 6

Hi,

I am considering switching from the standard white Plusnet supplied router to a BT Smart hub 6.

I've read the advice on how to get this working for the broadband and think I've got my head around that.

But does anyone know if this works OK with Plusnet TV, and whether I have to do anything special to make it work?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: BT Hub 6

I use a BT Home Hub 6 with Plusnet TV. The subscription channels worked straight away, I didn’t have to change any of the BT Home Hub 6 settings.

My Services - Plusnet Fibre Extra
mrmitch85
Rising Star

Hi mcairns,

Thank you very much for confirming.

Do you find the BT 6 hub an improvement over the standard Plusnet one hub in general?

MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well, I can definitely say that all my wireless devices that are connected to the BT home Hub 6 pretty much always report that the signal level is the highest level that they can be (be that Excellent, or Very Good, depending on the device). When I used the Hub One they occasionally said that the signal was merely ‘Good’

However, in my real world use I can’t say that I can see any discernible difference in device performance. I only live in quite a small house though, so depending on your environment you may see a bigger improvement.

My Services - Plusnet Fibre Extra
mrmitch85
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply.

I only live by myself in a 2 bed flat, but I've been finding my internet speed drops from my usual 73 Mbps download to ~20Mbps across all my devices unless I reboot the router.

No idea if this is a WiFi issue but as I have no devices that can plug into the router directly (my laptop is a modern one with no ethernet port).

I just figured for the price of a BT bub 6 it's worth a try. Not really much to lose for £30 or so you can get them on eBay /Amazon etc.

But I guess that's a question I can pose to to the general WiFi / router forum to see what they think.

As long as I know it won't screw up my PNTV then it's wort a try as far as I'm concerned!