cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 kit

OldFrank
Grafter

BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 kit

It is impossible to watch live football with these devices as they do not reach the speed needed, i have run speed tests on them and the average speed was about 6Mbps.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Hero
Fixes: 109

Re: BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 kit

@OldFrank 

There are two issues here: First have you checked how fast your Ethernet connection is when using a computer connected to your router via an Ethernet cable to conduct a speed test? This is the fastest possible speed that your Powerline extender can transfer data..

Secondly, Powerline device performance is dependent on your house wiring arrangement. This might give you a bit more insight:   https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Powerline-Unit-Performance/m-p/1607450...

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

Hello @OldFrank,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry you're having trouble with these powerline adapters, as @Baldrick1 mentioned can you supply a wired speed test - do you have the powerline adapters for a specific reason i.e. TV services?

Thanks .

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

OldFrank
Grafter

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

Speed test direct from router to laptop 34.5 Mbps, which is good.

powerline adapters next to each other in the same double wall socket one connected direct to router with the 10 meter cable supplied with you view box, short cable from second adapter to laptop 12.9 Mbps, which is bad.

I have cancelled my TV subscription and will be returning all the equipment.

As far as I am concerned this matter is now closed.