cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iplayer HQ / HD ?

mikeonforum
Dabbler

BBC iplayer HQ / HD ?

I used iplayer on my youview+ box for the first time the other day. I noticed there was no 'HQ' type button on the player. The image looked decidedly standard definition to me. Does anyone know if iplayer always streams one quality setting / if there is no HQ support / if I am missing a setting?
thanks,
Michael
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

Re: BBC iplayer HQ / HD ?

You'll need to go into the settings in BBC iPlayer and change video quality to Best Quality.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mikeonforum
Dabbler

OK Matthew, I'll have another dig around. I usually spot these things but maybe not this time. Thanks again.
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Sorted, thanks for your help.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

Glad to hear that's done the trick.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gbear45
Grafter

I hope you have notice that if you do set it to " best quality", the picture is now very much better, similar to HD broadcast quality. Its most noticeable on studio based shows.  Though it does depend on the speed of your internet connection.
Its also the same on the bbc  sports APP, some events have a near broadcast quality, but others still suffer from low frame rate.
But generally much better Smiley