Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC News HD gone?

FIXED
picard25
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

BBC News HD gone?

Up until recently I regularly watched BBC News24 HD on Channel 107.A few days ago that channel vanished and,despite a re-tune,has not returned.I have checked my local masts are they are reporting normal service.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you.

39 REPLIES
Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 32

Re: BBC News HD gone?

Working fine off the Winterhill transmitter for me.

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
picard25
Dabbler

Well,

a) I live in NE England so your transmitter no good.

b) Selecting Channel 107 returns message 'No channel'

c) Selecting HD option on prog list does not display BBC News24?

Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Works for me from Hannington (Hants) mast; suggest you just keep trying retuning.

Does it still appear on your other sets?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I've noticed this before, any retune can easily drop channels if for some reason it can't find it at the time.

I don't know if you have a roof aerial or a TV one, I got my parents an Argos £20 TV one, so it may take a few retuning attempts to get it back.

Its not gone I was watching it this morning.
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

It's working fine here in West Yorkshire, just been watching it.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
picard25
Dabbler

Thanks for all the comments and although I'm sure the channel is working across the country it isn't working via my box.I've been watching Ch107 for the past year (since I joined +Net) but suddenly nothing despite 2 retunes.All terrestrial HD channels working fine.Will give +Net a ring tomorrow.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Hi @picard25,

I'm afraid there's not a huge amount we can do for missing freeview channels.

I'd recommend going through the diagnostics Here, as all signs seem to indicate that you should still be getting the channel, so it could be 4G interference. I've tried running through this briefly basing answers off of what you've advised and it resulted in advising to contact them regarding the missing channel.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

picard25 wrote:

Thanks for all the comments and although I'm sure the channel is working across the country it isn't working via my box.I've been watching Ch107 for the past year (since I joined +Net) but suddenly nothing despite 2 retunes.All terrestrial HD channels working fine.Will give +Net a ring tomorrow.

a missing freeview channel has nothing to do with plusnet i'm afraid.
BBC News HD is not a plusnet channel, it's a freeview channel.

it could be a problem with your local mast or a problem with your aerial, neither of which plusnet can help you with.

picard25
Dabbler

I understand your point but I have checked transmitters and they report no problems and,as I stated previously,I can receive all other terrestrial HD channels which would tend to negate my aerial being a problem.

However it could be a 'funny' in the YouView box which is supplied by Plusnet.

We shall see.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

the ability to pick up other HD channels does not negate an aerial problem.
the only way to rule out an aerial problem is to plug it in to another recevier capable of receiving freeview HD and seeing if you get BBC News HD.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @picard25,

Did you go through the steps advised in my previous response?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
picard25
Dabbler

Hi,

Yes,went through all the steps,thank you,and received the suggestion :- It’s possible the interference you are seeing is being caused by 4G at 800 MHz.

Unfortunately something came up and I have not had the time to phone the help desk but should do so in next few days (problem is not that great).

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The 4G interference could certainly be the cause of the problems you're seeing. Let us know how you get on when you have time to give them a call to discuss it further (Although I can't guarantee there's much else we can do regarding availability of specific freeview channels)

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think you'll have to get a cheapo Freeview receiver to test and rule it out being a reception problem.