Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC News HD gone?

FIXED
strayfish
Grafter

Re: BBC News HD gone?

Thank you, I don't think I've seen that so maybe you didn't say it to me, I don't recognise it anyway. But now I know, I'll get onto Freeview and see what transpires.

gcogger

I'm in a similar position - after retuning today I've lost everything between 105 and 201 in the guide, so all the HD news channels and Channel 4 + 1 HD.  That's on top of BBC4 HD, which I lost a while back.  I just tried to watch BBC News in standard def, and the quality is atrocious.  Not happy Sad

Neil_Hy

That's exactly the same channels that I lost! Gutted I can't watch my favourite Al Jazeera!!
strayfish
Grafter

If you've seen the thread just above, you'll know to check which transmitter you get your signal from and then what sort of aerial you have. You might be able to get a new aerial, if that's necessary, from Freeview. That said, I checked my area on the Freeview site and it said there were no changes to the Crystal Palace transmitter, which is not true. I checked it also against my sister's London postcode (also Crystal Palace) and it said the same thing. So in my case, Freeview doesn't seem to see a problem with my channels, but I certainly do!

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@strayfish wrote:

That said, I checked my area on the Freeview site and it said there were no changes to the Crystal Palace transmitter, which is not true

That is because the changes have already happened, on March 21st. There are no further changes due.

gcogger

@strayfish wrote:

If you've seen the thread just above, you'll know to check which transmitter you get your signal from and then what sort of aerial you have. You might be able to get a new aerial, if that's necessary, from Freeview. That said, I checked my area on the Freeview site and it said there were no changes to the Crystal Palace transmitter, which is not true. I checked it also against my sister's London postcode (also Crystal Palace) and it said the same thing. So in my case, Freeview doesn't seem to see a problem with my channels, but I certainly do!

Thanks - is it still Freeview I need to contact if I have a YouView box?

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yes. You are receiving Terrestrial Freeview signals through an aerial.

Highlighted
strayfish
Grafter

Of course! Be nice if they clarified that with 'no further changes' though. Sigh.