cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding NextGen update

cegueira
Hooked

Avoiding NextGen update

Youview is currently in the process of updating the software on all of its boxes and the reception hasn't been great. Plusnet boxes have not been yet. There is loads of information on the update and the problems with it on the official Youview forum.

If you want to avoid this update I would recommend using parental controls to block your Youview box from accessing the internet overnight, this will prevent the automatic updates that occur during the night. I also have a list of URLs that the box connects to when it performs an update:

www.humaxtvportal.com
reporting-live.youview.tv
updates-live.youview.tv
config-live.youview.tv
ids-live.youview.tv
ispdiscovery.vision.bt.com
reporting-live.youview.tv

Hopefully blocking this will allow you to prevent the update. If you have received the update you should give your feedback to youview directly.

4 REPLIES
jamesanstee
Grafter

Re: Avoiding NextGen update

I've had the new youview update last week not had any issues with it seems a lot faster than the older software boots up a lot quicker .20170323_162003.jpg

cegueira
Hooked

For me the main issues are not being able to hide channels to tidy up the EPG, I believe the update keeps any channels hidden from the previous version. And the very messy recordings list. Also the ability to jump to a point in a recording by keying in a time has been removed.

DeeCee73
Dabbler

Too late for me. I switched on my Humax box after months of no use and it was already updated.

My main issue being the mess of recordings and having watched any recorded series episode I am dumped back at tiled list of recordings rather than the series. Preferred being able to go straight to the next episode by pressing up and play.

Much preferred the list method which was significantly easier to navigate.

Can't really say I noted any significant performance difference in powering on, or navigating the menus.

Hopefully there will be better customisation options added at some point because it's really not that appealing to me at the moment. Thought it was perhaps just me, but looking at Youview's forums it doesn't look like it.

cegueira
Hooked

I think that's the problem with the update, people are only finding out when it's too late. I saw an article somewhere about the update and was wondering why I hadn't received it yet so I went on to the Youview forum. Lucky I did, so hopefully the measures I've taken will prevent my box from updating, at least until I've decided that the problems I want to avoid have been fixed.