cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Loss FF

Dave_S
Hooked

Audio Loss FF

Has anyone else experienced audio loss when fast forwarding with the PN Youview box? I thought we just had a giltchy box but then saw these posts:

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604555/total-loss-of-audio-after-ff-recording

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Sound-loss-after-fast-forward/td-p/1775792

15 REPLIES 15
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 56

Re: Audio Loss FF

Hi @Dave_S

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Youview service. 

Just for clarification - are you saying that after your stop FF'ing, you have no audio at all? 

Have you tried a Software Reset? This is where the working software version is deleted from the hard drive and reloaded from the flash memory.

To do this, you'd need to access the Maintenance Mode first.

Do the following to access Maintenance Mode:

- Power the set top box off by unplugging the power cable
- Reconnect the power cable, putting the set top box into standby mode
- Hold the down button on the remote control until the Enter Maintenance Mode screen appears.
- Once this appears, release the down button.
- Press the set top box's Power button to continue.

After approximately one minute, the Maintenance Mode screen will appear. To navigate the options, use the remote control's up and down buttons , and select the option (for Software Reset) with the OK button.

A progress screen will be displayed whilst the reset is in process. This takes between 5 and 10 minutes.

Let us know how this goes.

Thanks,

MoR

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
Sclown

Yes I'm experiencing the same issue , with a brand new box., only just joined PLUSNET tv

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 291

@Sclown Sorry to hear this.

Have you tried following the steps above?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sclown

Hi

I raised a ticket with Support and they suggested doing a factory reset on the box (even though only 4 days old) . I have done that and so far have not had a re occurrence, but as issue was intermittent I cant say for certain yet that its resolved.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @Sclown

Thank you for carrying out the factory reset.

No problem, please continue to monitor the issue and let us know via the ticket or on here if you experience it again.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
SRB2016
Dabbler

Turned our box on a few days ago to find it was in maintenance mode. Never had this happen before, followed the "keep recordings, restore software from internet" route and all appeared to come good - expect the box is now losing audio every single time you fast forward or rewind on an IP channel recording. It never did this before. Having looked at both YV and BTTV forums, it is a known bug and has been for some time. Given it only started doing this on my box after a s/w update (the one with programme info appearing when you "hover" over a programme in the guide), is there no way Plusnet can request a roll back?. Seems crazy to roll out an update that is obviously causing quite a serious issue. Constantly having to switch the box off and on at the mains, which appears to be the only way to solve this issue, is a real pain. It's not just my box either. Another family member's is doing exactly the same following the update I mentioned above.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @SRB2016,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your service.

I appreciate this only occurred after the software update and it would seem too much of a coincidence but could you try the steps advised previously in factory resetting the set top box. This is due to Sclown not getting back to us since and it may resolve the issue. 

I'm afraid we cannot change the firmware version as these updates are provided by YouView and are rolled out by YouView.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Sclown

If you care to look at the ticket I raised on the portal I did confirm that doing a factory reset did resolve the issue

SRB2016
Dabbler

When you say "factory reset" do you mean a complete reset, as in wiping everything? That's not exactly a satisfactory solution, given the box is a PVR. 

Sclown

Hi, My Box was virtually brand new  so I didn't have anything much on it. I think I did loose all my settings and re applied the software update . It has worked fine since. I've tried to find the ticket I raised to get the details but cant find it

SRB2016
Dabbler

I did do a "reset keep recordings" and had to set up from scratch, but the issue still remains the same. Am reluctant to lose recordings we haven't watched yet. Might just swap the box out for the old BT TV Box we had before we joined Plusnet. Will do for over Christmas anyway.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 764

Let us know how it goes when you try the BT YouView box.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
SRB2016
Dabbler

Ok...old BT humax box was fine, did a s/w update when turned on and plugged in etc . Could FF and RW on IP channel recordings with no issue. Did notice Netflix doesn't work on the box anymore, which it did before, but, it is 6 years old by now. Anyway. Plugged the newer box back in and went into maintenance mode again. Did a second reset, keep recordings and set the box up from step one again....
This time, it is working as before, FF and RW on IP recordings is not causing the audio to disappear. Why it didn't work the first time I did this I'm not sure - though looking at the maintenance mode options, I am now wondering if I chose the "over internet/USB keep recordings" last time. Really shouldn't have made any difference as both should be the same s/w but, who knows. Main point is, box is behaving as it should be. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. Now...just need to sit down and hide all the useless channels we never ever watch, all over again 🙂
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 89

Hi @SRB2016,

Thank you for getting back in touch, I'm glad to hear that your box is back to normal now and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue caused you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team