cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-AC56u

quish
Dabbler

Asus DSL-AC56u

Hello I have just purchased this router and have setup my fibre connection but I'm struggling to get Youview working, the the router configuration page shows an automatic setup for Youview which I have used however I'm not able to recieve the channels I have all the channels working fine that are through the ariel could anyone help please.

Thanks

10 REPLIES
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Asus DSL-AC56u

Try those

- Use the following settings in LAN > IPTV:

- 'Choose IPTV STB Port' = None

- 'Use DHCP routes' = Microsoft

- 'Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) = Enable

- 'Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) = Enable

- 'UDB Proxy (Udpxy) = 0

Fixes: 101

A quick google around seems to suggest that getting the YouView working with Asus routers can be hit and miss with lots of tweaking.

Assume you've updated to the latest firmware?
Will Moderate For Thanks
quish
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me, I don't appear to have some of those settings in the lan menu IPTV.

first line says

1. Wan Type  with a box next to it which only gives me one option. VDSL Wan (PTM)

2.Basic config. enable multicast routing which is enabled

3. wan port  with a box next to it which shows service 1

4. UDP Proxy which is set to 0

5.Remove Vlan tag from Wan set to disabled

Thats what I have under the IPTV Tab

quish
Dabbler

Hi, yes updated to the latest f/ware

mharvo
Grafter

Read this https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Asus-DSL-AC68U-Plusnet-Youview-Settings-for-IPTV-Paid-Servic...

for IPTV Paid services ie BT Sport if it works great if not try the setting below

you can also tick the box Remove VLAN TAG from DSL Wan.... apply settings and check the Paid services are working.

Good source of information https://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=11&model=DSL-AC56U&SLanguage=en-us

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had an Asus router (RT-AC56U) and it did work using the settings linked to above.

However it is also worth checking to see if you have any other multicast enabled devices on your network and turn them off if you do.

I have a Sonos and that also uses multicast and I couldn't complete set up of the internet channels until I turned it off and did a reset on the YouView box.

They then worked fine and continue to do so even with the Sonos back on, it just somehow blocked the activation signal. 

Tags (2)
quish
Dabbler

Thanks everyone for your kind help..however I don't have those menus under Lan,IPTV so I cant input any info,I'm stumped,I have requested support from Asus but they point me in the same direction as you guys I can't understand whats wrong, in one of my earlier posts I think I mentioned that I don't have anywhere to put the info you suggest

quish
Dabbler

I have a screen shot of what is showing

mharvo
Grafter

Change WAN Port to 0

Remove VLAN TAG from WAN to Enable

Apply settings

quish
Dabbler

Still not working, I have both blue lights on my Youview box lit up and the box tells me I'm connected to the internet but when I try to watch a subscribed channel I just get a black screen Sad...mharvo there is no option to change wan port to 0.also the first sceen shot in your earlier post showing the Lan-IPTV menu I simply don't have that just the menu I showed in my earlier post