cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Time Capsule not working with IPTV

rolya
Grafter

Apple Time Capsule not working with IPTV

Hi. Up until now I've been using my apple time capsule as a replacement router from the plus net one (too many wires otherwise) for the high speed fibre package,

I've since now signed up for YouView Tv - however the IPTV channels don't work (e.g Eurosport, BT sport).

i have now had to plug my plusnet router back in, reverting my apple  TC to bridge mode.

does anyone know why my apple TC will not work as the primary router for IPTV ?  Not only do I have more cables again, but also have to power up another piece of equipment, so not very GREEN :-)

in addition, I have now lost around 10mb in my wireless speed, dropping from 63mb-65mb down to 53mb-55mb as having to skip through equipment. The 5ghz provides a much higher speed capability as opposed to the standard 2.4ghz 

be interested to know if these a resolution to this conundrum.

kind regards 

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 25

Re: Apple Time Capsule not working with IPTV

You need a router capable of using "multicast", the Apple one can't is the simple answer. There are a few options, but will depend on what needs to connect to what.

rolya
Grafter

Yeah - it only works in bridge mode, which defeats the object 

what would happen if I connect the Apple TC to the LAN2 on the openreach modem, could I use the apple TC  in ROUTER mode simultaneously to the plusnet so at least I get my speed back? 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 25

LAN2 does not work on the Openreach modem, unless it's unlocked AFAIK.

rolya
Grafter

I get the impression th world is conspiring against me. We improve speeds, but are held back by the technology available to is :-(