cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone here have a Britbox Sub?

Highlighted
Dabbler

Anyone here have a Britbox Sub?

If you do, could you check and see if "Mr Selfridge" series two will play for you? My other half tried to watch it last night and all eps of series two freeze after a few seconds. It's fine on her 'phone and plays ok on the PC, though interestingly there is a picture glitch at the same point the video freezes on the YouView box on every episode, when watching on her phone.

Just wondering is it a fault with the box, or a fault in the encoding.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Anyone here have a Britbox Sub?

@SRB2016 I've just checked a few of the episodes from series 2 for you and they all work without issue. Viewed using Safari 14.0 on macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Highlighted
Dabbler

Sorry, I meant viewing using the Britbox app on the Plusnet Youview box, it plays fine on everything else, but won't play on the Youview box. Video freezes about 20 secs in and audio continues.
Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

No problem @SRB2016 my fault really, for what it's worth this also works using the App on Apple TV+ so I suspect this issue may be local to yourself. You might want to restart your network by switching off all connected devices, then restart everything beginning with your router / modem, it certainly won't do any harm.

Highlighted
Dabbler

Thanks for checking, tried all that, episodes play on every other platform expect the Plusnet YouView box, it is odd as all other Britbox programmes play fine on the box.