Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All about TV from Plusnet

FIXED
C1Rider
Grafter

All about TV from Plusnet

Hello,

Could someone clarify a couple of points regarding the changes to PlusnetTV ?

1) I have BTSport charged at £10 and in the terms and conditions it states that also includes the BT app;
   Further down in the list it states that the BT app is £10.

Does this mean it's £10 each for BTSport and the BT app or is it £10 for both ?

2) As Plusnet are stopping the TV service for existing customers after the end of their minimum period can someone
   confirm that I have understood correctly that the minimum period is 18 months ?

Best Regards..

9 REPLIES 9
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: All about TV from Plusnet

@C1Rider wrote:

1) I have BTSport charged at £10 and in the terms and conditions it states that also includes the BT app;
   Further down in the list it states that the BT app is £10.

Does this mean it's £10 each for BTSport and the BT app or is it £10 for both ?

It depends how you’re getting BT Sport.

BT Sport over YouView includes the app at no extra cost. BT Sport over Sky doesn’t include the app so you’d need to buy that separately.

@C1Rider wrote:

2) As Plusnet are stopping the TV service for existing customers after the end of their minimum period can someone
   confirm that I have understood correctly that the minimum period is 18 months ?

It’s just YouView that’s being stopped. If you already have it there’d be no change, you can continue to use it even when you’re out of contract* but you won’t be able to recontract though with the service. 

*Until the service is fully withdrawn. 

C1Rider
Grafter

Thanks for the reply,

I do not have BT Sport via Sky so I should be able to get the App " for free " and use it until the end of my contract.

Once my minimum period is ended all my TV will finish and I'll need to find another supplier for BT Sport and the current Internet TV channels I receive.

I can see some users moving to another supplier just for the convenience of having all services in one place.

Not good !

Best Regards..

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Probably some confusion. When your minimum term ends you can remain out of contract with YouView, you just can’t recontract. 

When YouView’s completely withdrawn you can always buy the app separately?

C1Rider
Grafter

OK, got that.

I'm getting lazy, where can I find a list of the channels available within each channel pack ?

I tried following the link in the recent message but all I found was the name of the pack and the price,

nothing about the content !

Best Regards.

SDS14
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

Currently the TV listing looks like this (but  as we're all learning, this is soon to change)

https://www.plus.net/help/tv/channels/channel-packs-list/

C1Rider
Grafter

Thanks for the link, just what I was looking for.

I've been looking around for other TV offers and there's not a lot to choose from if you are wanting TV only; the majority of deals offer TV with broadband.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of Plusnet customers have TV and whether Plusnet considers they can loose all of those customers.

What's the point in having " good honest broadband from Yorkshire " when you can't get TV with it ?

Maybe when I arrive at the withdrawal time for my contract there will be some better options .

I'm paying £5 for my TV and £10 for my BTSport so no point in cancelling that just to make a point.

If Plusnet reduce further the number of channels it'll begin to look like constructive dismissal !

Best Regards..

Rickardo
Dabbler

How do you get by sport for £10? I joined plusnet to get the TV for a fiver and BT Sport for a tenner and as soon as my broadband comes through, you can’t get the TV service for love or money and the BT sport has gone up to £15 (although they said it wouldn’t go up until June and even then it would be RPI plus a little. Not 50percent.)
SDS14
Hooked

Rikardo, have you just joined Plusnet?
SDS14
Hooked

Rikardo, ignore my question about how long you've been with Plusnet, I wondered if you were aware of the Plusnet TV issues, but I see you've answered previous posts on the topic.