cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All SD channels breaking up

bigtench

All SD channels breaking up

Hi,

All the SD channels on my plusnet Youview box constantly display glitches. The HD channels seem fine (except the odd 'slo mo' moment). If I check the signal strength in the settings menu it shows 100%. I fed the antenna cable that feeds the box straight in to the TV and all SD channels work perfectly, also if I feed the TV from the antenna out of the youview box the TV works perfectly. It is only SD channels decoded by the box that have the problem. I reckon the box is faulty. Only had it a few weeks.

How can we resolve this? New box?

3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: All SD channels breaking up

Hi bigtench, 

It would be a good idea to try a software reset first. 

The guide here shows you what to do http://www.plus.net/support/pdf/tv/YouView+-Plusnet-User-Guide.pdf

do keep us posted please. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bigtench

I have already done that in response to another issue I had where the box would not power up correctly. It fixed the power up issue but made no difference to the glitches.

I called support regarding the power up issue and they guided me through the reset. I also mentioned about the glitches and I was asked to monitor the situation after the reset - which is where we are now. Still glitching.....

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 186

Apologies for the lack of response here. I've just picked up your Facebook PM now, and responded over there.

It sounds like we need to book an engineer to investigate this or replace the box.

The quickest way to do that would be to call us on 0800 432 0200. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team