Did you mean: 

All IPTV Subscription Channels Missing

FIXED
Highlighted
DaveCW
Grafter
Fixes: 1

All IPTV Subscription Channels Missing

The Problem started yesterday.... I tried to watch a subscription Channel (Alibi). I was getting error IPC6011. I checked other subscription channels, all the same, I checked and restarted the router, cabling powerline adaptors and restarted the Youview box a couple of times. Nothing resolved the issue. All the Players and Netflix work so it is not my BB connection

I eventually had to give in and call Customer Services, after waiting 20 mins I finaly spoke to someone who couldn't help and then transfered me and cut me straight off. After waiting another 10 mins I finally got through to CS again. This time the chap took my details and transferred me to the TV Team.

After explaining the issue and explaining what I had already done, I was advised to Factory reset the box. this has caused some agro as there was programs the Good Lady had not yet watched stored on the box, the chap also said he had reprovisioned my channels. After the reset I now have freeview, no subscription channels (as I just get Channel not Available) and no recordings... The wife is now very unhappy as her recordings are gone and the issue is not resolved. I was told the channels should be back by morning. They weren't!

So tonight still the same, I call PlusNet again, after a lengthy wait I finally get through to the TV Team again, I go though all the stuff I di last night, but this chap tells me how to get in to the Maintenance Screen where you can Reset to factory Settings without losing recordings. Now I am Realy not happy! I have not told the Mrs cause I want some dinner tonight. 

So next I slave in a long LAN cable router to box just in case it is the Powerline adaptors, it's not there is no difference.

I have now been told it can be up to 72 hrs for re provisioned channels to appear, and the chap has logged a ticket and passed it to another team. He also read me the If we have to send an engineer it is likely to cost me a fortune script.

Please is there any way to sort this quickly! it was working fine till last night now I have no subscription channels and earache coz the Mrs has lost her recordings.

20 REPLIES 20
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: All IPTV Subscription Channels Missing

Hi @DaveCW and welcome to the forum!

I sincerely apologise for the issue in providing your internet channels.

Having checked a back end system, the status of your internet channels was showing as provisioned. I have now changed this to active to ensure the channel packs are being provided when our systems see your set top box as connected.

Please factory reset the router by holding a pin / paper clip in the reset hole until all the lights go out apart from power then allow up to 15 minutes for it to reconnect. Along side this, turn the Openreach modem off and back on by unplugging it then plugging it back in. Before you continue with the next steps, ensure the power / data / Ethernet are green on your power line adapters.

Now kindly turn your set top box off then back on and when you are again able to access the internet, follow the instructions below to ensure the software / apps / players are up to date.

1) Press the blue Y button on the remote.

2) Go to settings

3) Under information and reset / software information select 'Update Software'

4) Once complete, back out of this menu and select 'Update players and apps'

You should then be able to access channel 307 (as an example.) I'm afraid if this does not resolve the issue, an engineers visit is required but all steps we have carried out are to minimise the potential charge being applied.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
DaveCW
Grafter

Ok so done as advised. I have factory reset the Router, restarted the Open Reach modem. Turned the box off & back on update Software update & player updates report software & Players are up to date. I have logged back in to Netflix & all the Players these are all working. Everything works except the Subscription channels which are missing, they are not even in the guide channels 307 onwards just do not show. If I try to put the number in e.g. 307 or 312 I just get a Black Popup Box on the bottom left of my screen saying No Channel.

Internet is OK all my PC's and other devices are connected ok some wired some on WIFI.

I have uploaded some piccys

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Hi @DaveCW

Thanks for the update.

I can see that my colleague has raised this to our TV faults team for you via a ticket here. I'd expect someone to be in touch in the next 2-3 working days, most likely to arrange an engineer to take a look at this for you.

Thanks for your patience whilst we get this resolved.

Best wishes

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveCW
Grafter

A short update

This box has done this a few of times in the past, but it has just dropped the internet connection, while the wife was trying to catch up a program on iPlayer that was one of the lost recordings. About halfway through the program it just started scrolling and would not stop. There was an error message about the internet not being connected. It was, and has not dropped out at any time because I was on another device working away just fine. I had to restart the box AGAIN!

I have come to the conclusion that this box is just bad. Ever since we had it, it has been a bit iffy. having to restart it on a quite regular basis.

I think it needs to be replaced. 

I left sky due to spiralling costs and their refusal to install SkyQ for less than £199. At least I did not have these sorts of issues with the old SKY+ HD box and I am wondering if I made the right choice now.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 55

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way @DaveCW 

As Dave said above, the issue is currently sat with the correct team. Please allow them the opportunity to rectify this, however, it is of course at your discretion what you choose to do regarding your service. 

Thanks, 

MoR

MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
Larry63
Hooked

I've had exactly the same problem. I switched my Hub off and on returning home, switched it back on. No Nat Geo, ScFy, etc etc. I was sent a brand new Hub, but still the problem exists. No subscription channels whatsoever. The next step would be a new Youview box. I'm glad its not just me the the problem. Seems its a Plusnet problem

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 83

Hi @Larry63,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar issue. I can see that my colleague has replied to your other thread now.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 721

@DaveCW, we're looking into this further for you, but to help us could you advise exactly when the issue occurred? Was it not working on the 03/01/2019?

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveCW
Grafter

Hi, the issue became apparent on Thursday 03/01/2019 i noticed this mid evening, the wife thinks it may have started mid afternoon. The channels had been working ok on Wednesday 02/01/2019. The origional symptom I could select the channels 307 onwards, but could not actally see or hear them, had black screen with Error IPC6011 (I think). After the engineer i called had advised a Full factory reset that is when the channels disappeared completely and have been missing ever since.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the detail.

I've passed this on to a colleague to investigate further.

We'll update you when we know more, hopefully tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveCW
Grafter

Thanks

DaveCW
Grafter

Not sure if this is relevant to the issue... i have the Youview app on my mobile and none of the Subscription channels show there either.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's possible and apologies for the delayed update.

We think we've found a potential problem and we're investigating further. 

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Larry63
Hooked

same on mine DaveCW