cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding TV to contract

thorpe74

Adding TV to contract

Just tried to renew my broadband contract and add the TV youview deal to it as well again. The website informs me that they won't be taking any orders before the 19th, but I can add prior to that. An hour after hanging in the line to renew broad band and the TV a very lippy customer service rep from the TV team tells me that adding TV is not possible anymore as the service will be withdrawn. My response, but the website says differently and would have saved me time if it was clear that they service will be withdrwan. His response - You are wrong and the website states clearly, that we will stop the service. 

Does anyone have an idea, what the deal is with TV with Plusnet?

Many thanks

K

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 215

Re: Adding TV to contract

@thorpe74 

See  https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/End-of-Plusnet-TV/m-p/1772753#M8496

All the indications are that it's being withdrawn from sale.

thorpe74

thanks - pretty unethical to still advertise the service then Wink

Baldrick1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 215

@thorpe74 

I agree. I can't see here that it's being discontinued?

https://www.plus.net/

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 205

This https://www.plus.net/entertainment/tv/ says they are not taking orders after the 19th. The problem is that there is also a system problem at the moment which is preventing TV orders being processed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mrmitch85
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Yes, the official line on this is that you are still able to sign up to Plusnet TV until the 19th, but there is currently a technical problem preventing them from adding it to anyone's account.

If I was a synical man I would say that this is no coincidence... But either way it's looking pretty unlikely that any new customers will be able to get it added now.
imadosser

They kicked me off when I moved into a different room in the same building back in the first week of December (called 4th November to ensure everything would be ok).
I was repeatedly told that my TV would be reinstated as soon as they could. Of course this was not the case, and I was left to work it out for myself. It's a very poor way to treat customers.

It's a good time to shop for a new provider with new year deals still running. Also, they will cancel your current contract if you ask them to, citing this TV debacle.