Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation delay?

FIXED
gregster73
Fixes: 1

Activation delay?

I've ordered fibre broadband through Plusnet because I can get BT Sport - after ringing through to order Youview & BT Sport so everything should run through continuously when I move from BT, I was told that nothing could be done until my service with Plusnet went live.

Why is this? Surely it can be arranged that a Youview Box be sent out ready to minimise the delay, unless there is the probability that I can't get the service, in which case is it worth cancelling the broadband straight away?

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 184

Re: Activation delay?

Hi there and welcome to the community forums.

I was told that nothing could be done until my service with Plusnet went live.

Why is this?

That's correct. We can't add the YouView component to an account that's queued-activate.

We need to wait until the account is activated I'm afraid.

Surely it can be arranged that a Youview Box be sent out ready to minimise the delay, unless there is the probability that I can't get the service, in which case is it worth cancelling the broadband straight away?

Looking at your speed estimates you should be able to achieve between 67mbps and 80mbps so there should be no problem with ordering the YouView service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
gregster73
Fixes: 1

Re: Activation delay?

Fix

I currently have Youview & BT Sport through BT so I know that I shouldn't have any issues getting it.

I'm sorry, but the inability to set everything up at the same time means that I've now cancelled my order.