cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVM Fritz!Box and Plusnet TV

DougMa
Grafter

AVM Fritz!Box and Plusnet TV

Currently the AVM Fritz!Box doesn't work with Plusnet TV (and equivalents). Technically it can work, but doesn't include the required configuration nor can it be added by a user (without serious hacking).
The good news is that I'm working directly with an AVM engineer to add the support. I am hopeful it will be included in a future update. I'll post status updates here.
Doug
2 REPLIES
DougMa
Grafter

Re: AVM Fritz!Box and Plusnet TV

Minor update:
- The Fritz!Box 7390 can support Plusnet TV only when using the built-in VDSL modem, not when using the Openreach modem.
- The Fritz!Box 7490 should support Plusnet TV in either configuration.
I'm continuing to test with AVM.
Doug
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: AVM Fritz!Box and Plusnet TV

That's good news @DoagMa, I'm still using your most helpful configuration 'hack' on my 7390 (which has survived Fritz!OS updates).
I was thinking about upgrading to a 7490 at some point but the difficulty in configuring the IPTV aspect was putting me off (I believe - could be wrong - that the hack is much more difficult with current firmware).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.