cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DSL-AC86U AC1900 & IPTV (Multicast) issue.

GG
Grafter

ASUS DSL-AC86U AC1900 & IPTV (Multicast) issue.

OK, probably a frequent question but......
Put it this way, I am sick, REALLY SICK to the back teeth of being told "it's your third party router/modem that is causing the problem" just because I can not get the IPTV channels that I have subscribed to.
I get the listings for the channels in the guide. I can select the channel, then.............................. Nothing, black screen.  Either that, or the "Poor Internet Channel Picture Quality"  IPC 6023 Error.
I know the YV+ box is connected to the internet as it is connected via cat5 cable to the Asus and I can access the catchup services and play them flawlessly. The IPTV settings are as suggested elsewhere within this forum and I have taken a snapshot of the Asus page to show these and added it as an attachment.
Yes, I am currently running at ADSL2+ with speeds above 14mb, which should be sufficient to at least watch the darn channels.
All I have received from TV tech is the usual "It's showing as active our end, but not being picked up at your end" and this despite the settings being as per recommendations within thie pages of this very forum.
So, Am I doing something wrong or am I being CENSORED over and being given BS answers?

Whilst I am thinking, Can a member of PN staff take a look at the following to see if there is a problem please?
YV+ Box DTR_T2120
Manufacturer Software: 21.10.0
Componant Software: 2.9.24
Platform Configuration: 1372
ISP Configuration: 83
(possibly me being sidetracked by non-issues and reading this topic ----> http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140778.0.html )
10 REPLIES
GG
Grafter

Re: ASUS DSL-AC86U AC1900 Settings for IPTV (Multicast)

Cheers Strat, sorry about the rant. bad timing.
GG
Grafter

Re: ASUS DSL-AC86U AC1900 & IPTV (Multicast) issue.

Anyone?Huh
GG
Grafter

Ok, still have not resolved this issue and it really is starting to get very annoying.
Surely somebody has an idea?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: GG
Yes, I am currently running at ADSL2+

That could be your problem then - PN (should) only sell the TV service to FTTC customers.
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html#tv
GG
Grafter

Well aware of what they should do. Waiting on the fibre install, though the engineer failed to turn up the first time, made BS excuses, BT beleived the engineer over myself and multiple witnesses and now I have an appointment on friday FOURTEEN DAYS AFTER I should have had the fibre. In the meantime, the box arrived and was setup.
HOWEVER, ADSL2+ or not, I can access internet based channels, MotorsTV as just one example. Kinda why I have been looking into it.
pwatson
Rising Star

The streaming channels on Freeview don't use the same multicast system that the PN TV platform uses.  Note that Motors TV on channel 71 is just a regular channel now and not a streamed channel via the internet.
Once you're connected up to fibre all should (hopefully) be well but before then you shouldn't expect the PN TV service to work.  I'd go back to PN and request a refund of the TV subscription for the period up to getting fibre rather than requesting support for getting it to work now.
GG
Grafter

I was actually referring to motors TV on Channel 240 (See the attached image...,) that requires an internet connection in order to view it.
However, I can't see why PN uses a different method for streaming?
pwatson
Rising Star

The streaming channels in the 200+ range use an MHEG client running on the the receive device and this requests (and decodes) a unicast stream in much the same way as Netflix and the catch up services.  These services are available to all customers who have the appropriate set top box/TV.  They're provided by a variety of platform providers (Arqiva Connect TV, Vision TV etc) and they're not dependent on paying an ISP for a TV service.   The Plusnet TV channels makes use of the BT Wholesale TV Connect product and this transmits a multicast DVB-IPTV transport stream.
GG
Grafter

That certainly explains a great deal!
A very useful.resource indeed...
GG
Grafter

All sorted now.