cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A suggestion

Highlighted
Dabbler

A suggestion

I can't fault plusnet for speeds and staff go out of the way to help on this forum if they can, I've looked at the TV package that plusnet do but sadly no option for the sky sports F1 channel will there ever be a similar thing like bt do where you can pay for now tv entertainment movies and sports through your monthly bill

It would be great if you could just have one provider and pay a flat fee each month
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: A suggestion

I like the choice of channels on Youview TV from Plusnet, I subscribe to Entertainment Plus in HD. I also subscribe to the Now Entertainment Pass primarily for Sky Atlantic and Sky Comedy.

However, in my experience the Now TV app on Youview is quite unusable. I seem to encounter a lot of buffering, regular sound dropouts and even freezing the Youview Box, requiring a reboot. These problems equally affect both Live and On Demand Content. These problems only affect the Now TV app on Youview, all my Plusnet subscriptions channels and all other players like BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub work flawlessly.

I have tried both Powerline Adapters and connecting the Youview Box with an Ethernet Cable, both methods result in the same problems I detailed above. I also have tried a Maintenance Mode Reset but again, the above problems with the Now TV Youview app still occur.

Having looked in various online Tech Forums it’s seems to be a very widespread issue

My Services - Plusnet Fibre Extra and Plusnet TV
Highlighted
Grafter

Re: A suggestion

Yeah I encounter the same sound drop out and buffering issues using Now TV app it's a real shame that NowTV/Youview have never sorted these issues at (a hard reset of the box when recommended didn't work). 

It would be nice for Plusnet to get the same rewards BT get with the Sky channel available through the guide rather than just the app but that remains to be seen and looks unlikely Sad