cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband performance & packet loss (95943)

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Broadband performance & packet loss (95943)

Some of our broadband customers may be experiencing ‘packet loss’ or performance issues during certain times of the day.

This can cause websites and other Internet services to be slow to respond, or to occasionally timeout or ‘buffer’. We think the problem is only affecting a minority at present and is most likely to be noticed when using 'time sensitive' services like online gaming (lag), Internet telephony (call quality) and streaming (buffering).

Our engineers are working hard to get to the bottom of things, and we’ll provide another update as soon as we’ve anything further to share.

Apologies to those of you experiencing difficulties.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Broadband performance & packet loss (95943)

This is an update to yesterdays post regarding packet loss.

We understand packet loss is still ongoing for some broadband customers during certain times of the day.

Our engineers are continuing to work hard get to the bottom of things, as well as looking at ways to improve the service in the meantime.

Apologies to those of you experiencing difficulties and we will continue to post updates on a regular basis

Kind Regards,

Customer Support

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

This is an update to yesterday’s post regarding packet loss.

Our engineers have made some improvements overnight and we believe that for the majority of customers these issues should now be resolved.

We are continuing to monitor and investigate the remaining issues further and we will provide a further update tomorrow

Kind Regards

Customer Support

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

This is an update to Thursday’s post regarding packet loss.

Following improvements that were implemented over Wednesday evening we believe that for the majority of customers these issues should now be resolved.

We are continuing to monitor and investigate the remaining issues further and we will provide a further update on Monday.

Kind Regards

Customer Support

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet