cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new webmail

soundtrack
Dabbler

new webmail

There does not appear to be a means of the server to be set to remember the server name. On squirrel I could tick remember Force 9 but  Roundcube defaults to Plusnet each time that it opens. Shame too about the advert on the login page. Sad
This is my attempt to change colour/font size/ and Face!!! Tells you what asked for but does not do it.
sdfgh
8 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Re: new webmail

Regarding the login server not being remembered. This is a known inconvenience that Plusnet said was not easy to solve. Using bookmarks it is possible to get directly to the appropriate login page (see quote below) but I don't think the setting is remembered on logout.
David
Quote from: Bob
Quote from: RPMozley
Will anything be done about remembering the server option?

We've toyed with a few ideas (like having different landing URL's) but one thing we don't want to do is fiddle with the vanilla code too much. We're conscious that this is probably the most commonly requested feature at the moment though so if we can implement it we will. In the meantime you might want to bookmark the following URL's:
Force9
FreeOnline
Metronet
David
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

At present on Webmail I have eight different logins which are remembered - with the new system non of these are remembered neither does Firefox have the option of remembering the password etc.
As far as I am concerned this is a deal breaker
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

For info the RC webmail login DOES work with Norton Identity Safe - which fails on about 5% of websites (Photobucket being problematic for instance)
Moggy
Grafter

I really like Norton Identity Safe...... BUT it won't work with Wndows 7 64bit.... DOH...
soundtrack
Dabbler

Ok will try various URLs to smooth entry to Webmail.
But what about the edit options? This same question has been repeated below with various enhancements that do not work.
But what about the edit options?
But what about the edit options?  Angry
But what about the edit options?

But what about the edit options? >
Superuser
Superuser

If one types some text, highlights it, then selects different format settings for the highlighted text these take effect for that text. Edits to the changed text retain that formatting. Outside the changed text, including immediately after it reverts to the previous format.
Though this behaviour is different from the way (eg) MS Word works, to me it seems normal for email editors. Were you expecting it to work MS Word style?
David
David
soundtrack
Dabbler

Yes, thanks David that works well.

Superuser
Superuser

Moderator's Note
Question concerning transferring Address Book from SquirrelMail to Roundcube split off into its own topic here for better visibility. Smiley
David
David