Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail counting differently in RoundCube and SquirrelMail

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Webmail counting differently in RoundCube and SquirrelMail

In the continuing pursuit of the problem highlighted in RoundCube not showing full contents of email inbox topic, I decided tonight to try opening my PlusNet inbox in both SquirrelMail and RoundCube - and surprise, surprise I could!
I opened RoundCube in Firefox and SquirrelMail in Chrome. I could refresh and move around both without being locked out by the other.
Ignoring whether I should be able to do that in the first place, the point of this new topic is that RoundCube in Firefox was adamant even after several refreshes that I had 46 unread emails where SquirrelMail in Chrome was equally adamant after several refreshes I had 45 unread emails - see screenshot attached. At no time had I actually opened an email in either version.
I didn't religiously compare or count each list (although clearly the first few were the same in both lists - i.e. there wasn't a more recent one on one of them) but I think the RC/Firefox version was actually correct since there were seven read emails from this morning and it was reporting a total of 53 emails in total as was SM/Chrome.