Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam/Not Spam buttons

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Spam/Not Spam buttons

Morning guys,
Heads up that we've added some additional functionality to the current Roundcube install.
There are now Spam/Not Spam buttons as per the attached screengrabs. Using these buttons will submit reports of false positives/negatives directly to Cloudmark with the intention of refining their authority checks to better identify emails that are either slipping through the net or getting tagged incorrectly as Spam.
A few things to consider...

• In order for this to work you need to make sure your 'Special Folder' assignment is correct as per my comments in the post here.
  • The 'Spam' button is visible when viewing the contents of all folders *except* the 'Spam/Junk' folder.
  • The 'Not Spam' button is *only* visible when viewing the contents of the 'Spam' folder. If you have chosen to have spam email delivered to your Inbox then you will need to move it to the 'Spam/Junk' folder before you can report it as 'Not Spam' (this is something we can hopefully get changed but it's not guaranteed).
  • If you're having difficulties *sending* via our relay servers (rejected with a permanent 552 error), then you can try sending the email using Webmail, then when it fails, click on the 'Drafts' folder, move the email to the 'Spam/Junk' folder and then highlight it and click the 'Not Spam' button.
  • Email in the 'Spam/Junk' folder that's marked as 'Not Spam' will be moved to the Inbox.
  • Email in the Inbox that's marked as 'Spam' will be moved to the 'Spam/Junk' folder.

The feedback loop is not immediate, but I'm led to believe that it does work. Cloudmark will over time grade customers on the reliability of the email they report. The more reliable, the more responsive the feedback loop should be.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Re: Spam/Not Spam buttons

Just tried out 'not spam' reporting which worked as advertised. However, although the reported message was moved back to my Inbox the subject line [-SPAM-]  marking was not removed.
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Yeah, that's by design David. The email isn't routed back through Exim which is where the tagging takes place. Instead it's a straight IMAP copy from one folder to another.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

OK, thanks. Something to consider mentioning in spam/not-spam button FAQs I guess.
David