cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam/Not Spam Buttons

Community Veteran

Spam/Not Spam Buttons

Are we going to have a 'spam' 'not spam' buttons?
6 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Re: Spam/Not Spam Buttons

Quote from: artmo
Are we going to have a 'spam' 'not spam' buttons?

That's largely dependent on this TBH...
Quote from: spraxyt
The proposed move to Roundcube is only a small part of a much wider project which encompasses both architectural changes, the introduction of additional functionality and a number of improvements to the features we currently offer (spam filtering in particular). Expect to hear more about all of that over the coming months.

There's likely to be some changes to the spam filtering we're using which may influence the decision on whether or not to have spam and not spam buttons.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Nick_Russell
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
There's likely to be some changes to the spam filtering we're using which may influence the decision on whether or not to have spam and not spam buttons.

I hope this is not the case. Whatever spam filtering you put in place there will be always be a need to manually mark mail as spam, or not spam if it has been marked spam incorrectly.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

The previous spam buttons forwarded the selected emails on to our networks team to help train the spam filters, however with IronPort we are seeing such a low volume of false positives that this shouldn't actually be necessary. I'll have a chat with Bob and get a more expert opinion in here tomorrow for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Looks like I was incorrect and there are spam/not spam address to be used
http://users.plus.net/QL:6D409F3E
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Thanks for the reply but this is much too complicated.  BT's webmail, GMail ,GMX webmail and even Squirrel mail all have spam/not spam buttons.
I would suggest having simple buttons is a must.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We'll look at integrating these once we progress further with the trial, I'll pass your feedback on.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff