cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam In Roundcube

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Spam In Roundcube

If a item is marked as Spam in Roundcube does this mean it should not appear again or is further action required to block it.
Several Items marked as spam continue to reappear.
3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Re: Spam In Roundcube

By "marked as Spam in Roundcube" do you mean Cloudmark failed to identify the messages as spam and you've used the button in Roundcube to submit them to Cloudmark for assessment? If that is the case, and assuming Cloudmark agree with your assessment, you've done all you can but behaviour won't change until Cloudmark update their filters. The time to respond depends on your reporting reputation which is built up over time.
David
David
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Thanks for that,
Just out of interest is there any other way to block messages from a specific firm in roundcube.
Probably not relevant but Gmail has no problem in blocking anything marked as spam
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Roundcube itself is an mailbox access program (client) that does not do any spam filtering of its own. Spam filtering is done by a Cloudmark appliance that is upstream of user mailbox storage. Instructions to Cloudmark to block (or accept) messages from certain senders can be given via the Manage My Mail tool in the Member Centre.
In Manage My Mail click the Spam tab, (and assuming spam filtering is already On) scroll down to the Blocked Addresses text box; type the address to be blocked there. I think the address needs to be the one shown in the Return-path header* and not the From address which might differ. Click Update Settings to store the change.
Note that blocking doesn't work for Catch All mailboxes.
David
* Roundcube will display the message headers if the small central down arrow in the text display pane is clicked.
David