Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server selection not remembered

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Server selection not remembered

The login server selector needs a "Remember Login Server" option like that provided for SquirrelMail (see attachment).
David
David
10 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Server selection not remembered

I use Firefox and it is not prompting to save password. Also noticed the absence of save server.
Any ideas why FF is behaving in this way? It's a bit of a pain having to type it in all the time.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Quote from: poppy
I use Firefox and it is not prompting to save password. Also noticed the absence of save server.
Any ideas why FF is behaving in this way? It's a bit of a pain having to type it in all the time.

Are you talking about Squirrel or 'cube poppy? 'cube doesn't currently have a save password/server option.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Bob - you have been busy this afternoon answering all my questions - thank you.
Was referring to Cube - I still have to enter the username/password and server each time I use it but I assume that this is because we are still in beta and this will be sorted eventually. SM  is no problem - FF3 saves them and I just have to select Force9 when I first log on in the morning (I have it set to delete cookies when closing FF).
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Bob
'cube doesn't currently have a save password/server option.

Why not?
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Will anything be done about remembering the server option? Not everyone has a "plusnet" account and selecting it every time I want to log into a mailbox is rather time consuming.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Midnight
Quote from: Bob
'cube doesn't currently have a save password/server option.

Why not?

Replying to an old post I know but take a look at the post here that also offers a temporary workaround.
Quote from: RPMozley
Will anything be done about remembering the server option?

We've toyed with a few ideas (like having different landing URL's) but one thing we don't want to do is fiddle with the vanilla code too much. We're conscious that this is probably the most commonly requested feature at the moment though so if we can implement it we will. In the meantime you might want to bookmark the following URL's:
Force9
FreeOnline
Metronet

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Ah, thanks for that Bob. Makes things a lot more easier. I certainly understand the reluctance to "mess about" with the code, who knows what consequences that could entail! Undecided
Edit: Oh, it doesn't seem to remember what was used before, after logging out. I suppose using the link only works one time then. Clicking the bookmark again only saves a maximum of one click (or none if link is in a folder).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

This issue has come to the forefront since Tuesday, so it may be useful for users to be aware of Bob's little "hacks" (url's) in post #6 above.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Bob's links are to betawebmail, so if people are going to save them for long term use it would be best if they removed the beta!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There's a quick update here about the ability so save your username/password.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team