cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Error: Unable to send commnand...

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Server Error: Unable to send commnand...

Just fielded a ticket enquiry from a Roundcube trialist intermittently encountering the following error when trying to load their Inbox (contains just shy of 2000 messages). Anyone else come across this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

12 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Re: Server Error: Unable to send commnand...

I have 1589 messages in my Inbox, not had that (or any) error - but did initially get no messages displayed on first access after the upgrade. I think I clicked on "Check for new messages" and everything appeared then - and the problem hasn't been repeated.
The behaviour when I log into betawebmail is peculiar. Having entered username and password and selected vISP I click Login and (literally) nothing happens for 30-45 seconds (time varies) - not even the FF status arrow turning red; just gives the appearance that the login click wasn't registered. However, if I wait, suddenly 'loading' appears and it does.
David
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: spraxyt
The behaviour when I log into betawebmail is peculiar. Having entered username and password and selected vISP I click Login and (literally) nothing happens for 30-45 seconds (time varies) - not even the FF status arrow turning red; just gives the appearance that the login click wasn't registered. However, if I wait, suddenly 'loading' appears and it does.

Not noticed that David, what build of Firefox are you using?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Bob
Not noticed that David, what build of Firefox are you using?

FF 7.0.1 on Vista Home Premium SP2.
... just tried using IE9 (on the same computer) and no significant delay with that.
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Odd, I'm using the same build here and don't notice any delay logging in. I wonder if it's something to do with a plugin you have installed?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Superuser
Superuser

I tried switching FF to safe mode which disables add-ons and extensions. Still got the login delay.
However I also got the red warning message in the opening post for a few seconds when the Inbox should have been listed. The warning disappeared but the list didn't show. I changed to a different folder, then back again and all was OK then. I suspect one of the (disabled) extensions (Firebug) might have been updating itself at this time so logged out, restarted FF normally, then returned to safe mode. Still got the login delay but no warning message and the Inbox was listed normally. Huh
David
Superuser
Superuser

Further to previous post on FF login delay.
I have Trusteer installed - was going to try disabling it (comments elsewhere on these forums mention slower browsing). It said an update was pending so restarted computer to activate that. This update seems to have eliminated the login delay with betawebmail on FF. Smiley
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Bob
Just fielded a ticket enquiry from a Roundcube trialist intermittently encountering the following error when trying to load their Inbox (contains just shy of 2000 messages). Anyone else come across this?

I've just fielded another report of a similar problem, although on this occasion it's occurring each time the customer tries deleting a message!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fixed that last one by assigning the Special Folders as per the information in my post here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Superuser
Superuser

Had repeated instances of the red warning message today when listing Inbox and Sent items folder. The warning vanishes after a few seconds but the folder content list doesn't appear. Move somewhere else, then back and it usually does.
Using FF 8.0 now (and the slow logon experience - with Trusteer running - is back).
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Which of the above errors (if either) are you seeing David?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Superuser
Superuser

The error I was getting is the one in the opening post, associated with displaying a folder content list -  Inbox and Sent items which contain 1600 and 2000 items respectively.
The slow login problem which returned with FF 8.0 has gone away since I removed Trusteer monitoring of plus.net sites.
I haven't experienced a 'failure to list' since I turned off Trusteer monitoring, but that might be coincidence.
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks David, I'll report back if I find out what's causing it...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team