Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roundcube 0.6-stable Upgrade - 01/11/11

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Roundcube 0.6-stable Upgrade - 01/11/11

Hi folks,
Following on from the thread here about the upgrade that didn't happen...
Tomorrow morning we're going to be upgrading the OS on the Webmail servers and upgrading the beta Roundcube install to 0.6-stable.
There are a few improvements, like richer address book data and context menus. The release notes can be seen here.
I have noticed a few issues whilst testing in an isolated environment, namely:

• Default language is set to US rather than GB.

• The spellchecker doesn't work.
  • Not all 'Special Folders' are assigned correctly and the icons in the left-hand navigation pane look like 'Normal' folders

To fix the latter problem you'll need to browse to Personal Settings > Special Folders, assign 'Junk' to 'Spam' and then click Save. This should sort out both the icons and the Junk folder assignment.
I'll bump this thread tomorrow to confirm that the work's taken place. At the moment access is limited to the few hundred closed trialists who can already access the platform. Plans to open it up to a wider audience will be announced at a later date.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

5 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: Roundcube 0.6-stable Upgrade - 01/11/11

Quote from: Bob
I'll bump this thread tomorrow to confirm that the work's taken place.

The work was successful and we're now running version 0.6-stable.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

As mentioned I needed to associate Junk with the Spam folder. Spelling mistakes in a created message were highlighted but Firefox settings might have done that. Sending (and delivery) to an external address was successful.
The vISP on the login page continues to revert to Plusnet. In my opinion fixing that is desirable for open release.
David
David
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep, forgot to mention the spell checker's working now. We tried to look at making the drop down sticky David but it wasn't as easy to do as it may appear. I'll certainly keep pressing for it but I can't guarantee 100% that it'll be available for the wider launch.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

Hi Bob.
Had 5 minutes to spare (plus SQM getting a lot of "waiting for " messages lately) so it was a pleasure to venture hereabouts. Did not explore too much but things look good. The Address Book is much more intuitive which is good but I still prefer the one sheet approach in SQM. I will play some more amd come back to you later.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

I don't recall the old version working like this but deleting a message just flagged it - left it in Inbox hidden from display. I hadn't changed message 'deletion' settings (in Personal Settings -> Server Settings); Did we get a new set alongside the upgrade?
Removing the tick from Do not show deleted messages restored flagged messages to the display but greyed out. Clicking the 'delete' flag turned off the flag - so the message was no  longer 'deleted'
Removing the tick from Flag the message for deletion instead of delete caused the tooltip on the 'delete' icon to change from 'Delete message' to 'Move message to Deleted Items' - and this is what happens. That is the behaviour I'd expected (and require).
David