Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My inbox is empty!

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

My inbox is empty!

This is the second time this has happened to me.
Nothing serious - just a couple of dozen messages about Plusnet and their routing problems.
I have the impression that after a certain time, read messages in the inbox are deleted.
I want to read a message and maybe leave it in my inbox for months - safely.

5 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Re: My inbox is empty!

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying that you had a couple of dozen messages and they've inexplicably disappeared? If so are you sure they've not been downloaded somewhere via POP3? Are they still visible using SquirrelMail?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Bob
Not sure what you mean? Are you saying that you had a couple of dozen messages and they've inexplicably disappeared?...

Yes.
The only email clients I use (for Plusnet) are Squirrel mail and Roundcube mail - which I assume are both IMAP?
I am using Squirrel to read some messages and Roundcube to read others in the same inbox.
I have Round cube set to mark deleted messages - not delete them.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

One would assume that a problem such that mentioned here would have been picked up elsewhere and a (RoundCube) ticket raised. However I didn't find one.
Are you running SquirrelMail and RoundCube at the same time?
Edit: To clarify that "ticket" here refers to the RoundCube variety. Support for the trial is provided through this forum.
David
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

Hmmmmmmmmmm - I couldn't swear that they weren't both running in separate Windows - but it's possible  Cry
They were certainly run within a few seconds of each other.
I didn't raise a ticket as they weren't  emails which I wanted to read more than once.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

I've edited my previous post to clarify that I was referring to RoundCube tickets, not Plusnet's, I don't have access to the latter. Support for the Plusnet trial is through this forum.
David