Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mime format

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Mime format

I've just had an unreadable email (Auto Trader Research - survey request) that reported:
"This is a message in Mime Format.  If you see this, your mail reader does not support this format."
I couldn't find a way of getting RoundCube to display this. I downloaded to Outlook Express and it displayed properly. I realise I should have tried SquirrelMail too - but that may disappear shortly in any case. Is there a way of reading such emails in RoundCube?
Update - I have tried forwarding it back from OE to RC and it's now displaying in my email at RC. Next time I get one I might try forwarding to myself in RC.
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Re: Mime format

Mime encoded messages generally include text such as that ahead of the first multi-part boundary so something is displayed when the mail client is unable to decode the full message. Malformed headers are the usual cause of the problem, but Outlook Express was obviously happy.
If it happens again saving a copy in a folder on the mail server might be useful for analysis by Plusnet.
David
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Mime format

If they want an example of a mime encoded e-mail they should try out a newsletter from "CJ Wildbird Food"
There's usually one every month or so and it never gets displayed properly, SM or RC (even iOS Mail.app can't show it!). Thunderbird seems to handle it ok though.