cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's changed

N/A

It's changed

I haven't used RoundCube for a long time as I was dissatisfied with it.
Having just gained access to RoundCube webmail via my own forum I find that it is slightly different to the PN version and that it is quite user-friendly.
Prompted by this, I have just logged back in to my Force 9 mailbox and found that RC has been updated so have I missed something?
This time it seems better - for a start, it is remembering my username and password which is a real boon.
It still doesn't remember the ISP though so I have to select Force 9  each time I log in.
It seems significantly faster than Squirrelmail and is certainly easier to read.
I am going to stick with RoundCube for now as I am getting rather fed up with SM.
My web host gives me the choice of Horde, Squirrelmail or RoundCube so is this something that PN might be able to do in the future?
11 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Re: It's changed

Poppy, AFAIK we've been running the same version of Roundcube for months. Unless I'm mistaken we've been running the 0.2-alpha version since at least this time last year.
There's now a 0.3-stable version but we haven't installed that yet (nor the 0.2-stable for that matter unless I'm mistaken).
My web host gives me the choice of Horde, Squirrelmail or RoundCube so is this something that PN might be able to do in the future?

Possibly, although Webmail isn't on the immediate roadmap I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Embarrassed - must be me. Might have been thrown by the fact that FF 3.5 now remembers the username and password.
Currently trying Horde and it has far more features than either RC or SM.
community
Grafter

in my current experience, Squirrel mail is p-a-i-n-f-u-l-l-y-  s-l-o-w and has been for many months...
I prefer Roundcube but the problem with it is that quite often I cannot connect with it, all I get is the red warning saying cannot connect.
So I am proverbially snookered!  Embarrassed
community
Grafter

Thanks to Bob I am now back with Roundcube and enjoying the really fast speed of display.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that this time it behaves for me.
cheers
community
Grafter

Here we go again!!!!!!!!!
After 24 hours of good contact with the roundcube eMailing, we are back this morning with the failiar "login failed" terror.
As I said last October, it will not work  and I'm off!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

It's working for me.
David
David
community
Grafter

Thanks for your input David.
However, it DOES sometimes for me but is intermittent.
I have posted to Bob.
community
Grafter

@sprayxt
Mine was  working but this morning the dreaded "login failed" is showing.
If you are online, can you tell me if the same is happening to you.....if not then it possibly has something to do with my own setup.!
Superuser
Superuser

Just tried Roundcube; it worked OK for me though took 30 seconds to login. However responding fine now I'm logged in.
David
community
Grafter

Thanks for your update.
But it seems that even you are waiting a full half minute for connection...this is not good.
I have also had a message from Bob to say that many users of this have no trouble ( I wonder if that is because they don't report trouble!)
Superuser
Superuser

Just successfully logged in again, took 18 seconds this time.
David