Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images not showing

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Images not showing

One of the reasons I switched to RoundCube was in order to show images automatically.
There used to be a setting to allow this.
This morning I find images are not being displayed and the setting for allowing them has disappeared.
Please advise why - and reintroduce it.
9 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Re: Images not showing

You do realize that the Roundcube Trial has Ended?  PlusNet is not going forward with Roundcube!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

As far as I'm aware the only configurable setting in RoundCube Personal Settings has been to select Display HTML messages. Images included in HTML messages display OK for me on Vista using Firefox 4.0.1.
Displaying or not displaying images is normally a browser setting, have you changed these recently, updated to a new version or changed to a different browser?
David
drj
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Midnight
You do realize that the Roundcube Trial has Ended?  PlusNet is not going forward with Roundcube!

I've only recently been invited in May 2011 to try it out because of all the problems with SquirrelMail
drj
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: spraxyt
As far as I'm aware the only configurable setting in RoundCube Personal Settings has been to select Display HTML messages. Images included in HTML messages display OK for me on Vista using Firefox 4.0.1.
Displaying or not displaying images is normally a browser setting, have you changed these recently, updated to a new version or changed to a different browser?

Up until a day or two since I'd come onto RoundCube about two weeks ago images were showing automatically after I'd set it to show them - via the Personal Settings area - from memory there were three setting - no images, images on request and always displat images. However they've just now changed and I get a message at the top of the email saying "To protect your privacy, remote images are blocked in this message. Display images". I've attached a screenshot. So it's clearly a function of the RC software that's recently changed not my browser, and it now acts like SquirrelMail - and unlike my previous ISP's webmail where the images showed by default. I'm using XPSP3 and FF3.6.17 for info.
I'm afraid this fact and crucially the fact than some emails aren't displaying properly whatever I do (see other thread) means I'm going to have to take the decision to move emails elsewhere to somewhere with proper working webmail...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

I'm a little perplexed by this observation because we haven't changed anything, and we've the same build of the software installed that's always been on the box Huh
This trac item also suggests that the decision should be remembered on a session by session basis, although I reckon that's on an email by email basis (which appears to be working for me).
I'm not 100% convinced that there was an explicit option to turn this feature off and information like this kind of supports that theory.
I've also compared the options available in our Roundcube build with another install that's running a much newer version (see attached). You'll notice the settings across both installs are pretty similar.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

drj
Aspiring Pro

With respect they're not - but it's useful you've posted them.
The one has an option "Display remote inline images" and that's set to always. I'm sure that's as or like what I saw previously and selected - but it's no longer there.
I think the options were as noted on http://www.roundcubeforum.net/5-release-support/16-requests/4276-spam-safey-feature-request.html
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: drj
The one has an option "Display remote inline images" and that's set to always. I'm sure that's as or like what I saw previously and selected - but it's no longer there.

I completely overlooked that! Roll eyes
I have checked though, and the version hasn't changed and nobody is fessing up to having altered any of the config Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

drj
Aspiring Pro

I can now report that this option has now returned on the latest iteration of the software and it's working as I like, displaying images automatically when the email is selected.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent news! Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team