cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Order

N/A

Identity Order

Have put another identity (alias) in but it sorts them alphabetically. I would rather have my own (default) identity at the top because this is the one that I use the most and I have to remember to click this identity when I send a message.
For now, have deleted the other one and just left my own.
6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Identity Order

Yep, that sounds sensible, Poppy.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

How do I switch from using one identity to another?

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

When you are creating a new message select the Sender identity you want to use from the drop-down list shown against "Sender" (top box).
David
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Thanks!

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Quote from: poppy
Have put another identity (alias) in but it sorts them alphabetically. I would rather have my own (default) identity at the top because this is the one that I use the most and I have to remember to click this identity when I send a message.

I've just checked identity ordering and found it does what was requested. The default identity appears at the top, then alternatives in alphabetical order by Display Name. If I choose a different identity as default the list reorders with that at the top.
Have you made sure that one of the identities really is selected as default? In Personal Settings Identity tab click the identity required as default and ensure the Set default checkbox is ticked. Then click the Save button.
David
N/A

Have had a good look and located the Save Default option so all sorted now thank you.