cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding email to multiple address

chrisuecutting

Forwarding email to multiple address

How do I forward emails to multiple address?
When I type 'a' in recipient box it only comes up with the first few address in my address book.
Then when I go to forward mail and go onto my address book it tells me my email has not been sent. Angry
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Re: Forwarding email to multiple address

A slightly messy way is to centre-click the Address Book menu item so it opens in a new tab,
select an addressee, then additional addressees while holding down the Ctrl key,
then click the Compose Mail to (pencil) icon.
This will create a new message with the selected names in the Recipient box.
Copy the list from there (eg right-click, select all, right-click copy) and paste it into Recipients for the Forwarded message (right-click, paste).
Alternatively, in Recipients for the forwarded message,
type a few characters from anywhere in a required address book entry. A list of matching entries will display.
Click the one you want.
Type characters from another address after the comma and select that, repeating as required.
Type any comment you want to add and send in the usual manner.
David
David
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Forwarding email to multiple address

You're rather unclear I'm afraid
Quote from: chrisuecutting
When I type 'a' in recipient box it only comes up with the first few address in my address book.

Not sure what you're doing here. What happens when you type some more letters? Or the complete name?
Are you then clicking on the correct one when it appears in the listing? So that it is copied into the relevant " Recipient/ Cc/ Bcc " box?
Quote from: chrisuecutting
Then when I go to forward mail and go onto my address book it tells me my email has not been sent. Angry

Not clear - are you writing a new email or forwarding one?
I presume you've got the message "Your message has not been sent. Do you want to discard it?"
You can't use the Address Book when composing a message - you have to start typing a name in the relevant Recipient box.
You can open the address book in a new window and drag'n'drop email addresses from there (from the Contact properties section) into the Recipient boxes.