Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour of "Back" button

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Colour of "Back" button

I realise this is a very small issue (I'll not use the word "petty" myself) but it keeps tripping me up!
When composing a message and about to send it, I keep hitting the green left-pointing arrow - which is actually the "Back to Message List" button - i.e. discarding the email.
Whilst I realise there is there a nag message pop-up preventing one losing ones message, could the back button be red instead of green? Green implies "go" to me.
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Colour of "Back" button

Thanks for the feedback drj
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Of course one shouldn't rely on such placements but Outlook and Thunderbird (and possibly other programs) have the Send button top left when composing messages. Moving the 'back to list' button out of the way rather than changing its colour might be more appropriate.
Perhaps the application would benefit from a 'button order' selector within Personal Settings.
David
David
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I don't disagree with that alternative. I use webmail a lot for reading emails (*) but usually wait to reply until I've downloaded to Outlook Express so I've a permanent record at home. The send button in the latter program is the top left button too, hence probably why I gravitate to the green arrow in Roundcube. I realise there's an actual "Send" button bottom left in a Roundcube compose email screen but it's not eyecatching enough. An alternative might be to write "BACK" or "CANCEL" on the green button...
* - I'm daily plagued by emails for a building company directed to my .co.uk domain name instead of their more unusual .uk.com address. Different senders for most of the time just getting it wrong.
Robot

I agree - the back button looks too much like a "send" button (and you can include Thunderbird in the mail clients that have the send button top left - except in Thunderbird's case it looks - most intuitively - like a postage stamp).
And the actual "Send" button looks to me more like a "Receive" / "Get Mail" button!  Obviously with familiarity all these would cease to be problems, but as a casual user of webmail I'd be well cheesed off to lose the message I had carefully composed.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Feedback noted. Suppose this could be overcome with the use of a custom theme. To be honest, I'm quite surprised myself that there's no option to at least show labels for the buttons.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵