cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic display of my mailbox address and pass

community
Grafter

Automatic display of my mailbox address and pass

Since I was allowed recently to join this beta test, I have been very happy with the speed of everything.
Thank you Bob!
I have a little request .
Is it possible to  not have to type in my box address and pass every time?# and for it to be displayed automatically?
cheers
Eddie Johnson
8 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Re: Automatic display of my mailbox address and pass

I think it would be unusual (and potentially risky) to save secure login information, and more than one mailbox might need to be accessed.
One change that is needed is (optionally) to remember the user's vISP setting as with SquirrelMail. At the moment it is always reset to Plusnet. This change is on the "to do" list.
David
David
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Is this different to the current webmail as Firefox remembers all my mailbox names and passwords. All I need to do is select the one I want
community
Grafter

Ditto oldjim,
I also use Firefox and Googlechrome and they always remember my address and pasword (because I choose to have it remembered)
cheers
community
Grafter

Whether It is because you have to re-autologin with this beta or not...but I have just gone to the connection settings page and gone for autologin.
The beta webmail is now working perfectly, without having to sign in every time!  Smiley
cheers
community
Grafter

I spoke too soon  Angry Angry
I am back to square One and having to sign in every time....Help!
N/A

Community - I brought this up early on in the trial so somewhere in the threads you will see it. After my research I still didn't get it solved - something to do with FF. I have stopped using Roundcube because I got fed up with it. Also, there are too many little irritations at the mo so I am sticking with Squirrelmail.  Undecided
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,67983.0.html
terminal
Grafter

this was discussed in this post. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,69992.0.html
in my last post there is some javascript that will switch on autocomplete which then allows firefox to remember the username and password.
community
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Also, there are too many little irritations at the mo so I am sticking with Squirrelmail.  Undecided

Thanks poppy ...but the reason that I wanted to get away from original squirrelmail was because of the huge irritation it gave me by taking a couple of minutes to download my messages.  Angry