cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocomplete of addresses

N/A

Autocomplete of addresses

This works fine with addresses that are in the address book, but not with addys that have been entered before but not put in the book.
Wondered if this was an issue with anyone?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Autocomplete of addresses

Another thing with autocomplete is that when composing you can't point to the saved address to add it to the recipient box. It can only be selected by using the down arrow.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Quote from: poppy
Another thing with autocomplete is that when composing you can't point to the saved address to add it to the recipient box. It can only be selected by using the down arrow.

Yeah, not too keen on that. Just found Ticket #1485140. Apparently this used to be a feature but they removed it because it didn't work properly. Might be worth us asking for it to be reopened/help fix it ourselves once we're a bit further into the trials.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Thank you for looking at this.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Autocomplete works fine and you can select entries from drop down box that appears, however I can't see a way to open up address book and select an entry for a "To" or "cc".
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

I don't think the Address Book interface on this v0.2-alpha version is particularly flexible. Whether it has been improved in the v0.2-stable version we shall have to see assuming this is installed on the public-facing platform when the trial resumes. I haven't checked the RoundCube development tracking forum recently for changes planned in future versions.
At the moment one can create an email with To: addressees from the Address Book by selecting Address Book, selecting one or more entries (holding down Ctrl for multi-selects) then clicking the Compose mail to icon. I didn't find a way to add another entry to To: or add any to Cc: from the Address Book apart from by doing a copy/paste.
David