Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you missing address book entries?

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Are you missing address book entries?

After a few teething issues we've managed to roll the new Webmail platform live today.
Since doing so, we've seen a handful of customers whose address book entries haven't been copied across from the old platform. From the examples I've seen, this seems to be limited to a few customers who were using the new service whilst it was still in beta/testing stages.
There is a manual fix so if you believe you're affected by this problem then post the details here and I'll look into it for you.
Thanks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

24 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Are you missing address book entries?

Made very temporary sticky for better visibility
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This is no longer a trial and would anyone new to here that is having issues know that Roundcude was relevant to their problem?
I suggest this is moved to the email board and made sticky there.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I would agree with you in principle jelv but what Bob has said is that this appears to only be affecting users that previously used RC in the beta/test phase. So maybe this is the appropriate place for this.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103921.0.html
Looks like he knew nothing about the Roundcube trial and he's lost most of his contacts.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

I've replied to that thread suggesting he log into SM and see if his full list is there.
@Bob
Now, I don't know if this is because I have used RC before today, but I have today added a Contact in SM. When I login to RC that Contact doesn't appear. No need to do anything about it on my account, it was just an experiment and whether the info is useful to you in sorting out any bugs I don't know. Also I have 6 other contacts added to RC a few weeks ago but they don't appear in SM. Again of no consequence to me, this info may be of no use to you. I'm guessing that scripts were run to transfer Contacts from SM to RC when RC was made live today in which case this info is of no consequence. In any case the posts referring to 38 in one case and 40 in another only being transferred from SM to RC are no doubt far more significant.
buzzword

Quote from: Bob
After a few teething issues we've managed to roll the new Webmail platform live today.
Since doing so, we've seen a handful of customers whose address book entries haven't been copied across from the old platform. From the examples I've seen, this seems to be limited to a few customers who were using the new service whilst it was still in beta/testing stages.
There is a manual fix so if you believe you're affected by this problem then post the details here and I'll look into it for you.
Thanks.

only 10 of my addresses have been carried across
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Anotherone
@Bob
Now, I don't know if this is because I have used RC before today, but I have today added a Contact in SM. When I login to RC that Contact doesn't appear. No need to do anything about it on my account, it was just an experiment and whether the info is useful to you in sorting out any bugs I don't know. Also I have 6 other contacts added to RC a few weeks ago but they don't appear in SM. Again of no consequence to me, this info may be of no use to you. I'm guessing that scripts were run to transfer Contacts from SM to RC when RC was made live today in which case this info is of no consequence. In any case the posts referring to 38 in one case and 40 in another only being transferred from SM to RC are no doubt far more significant.

The way the provisioning script works is to transfer address book entries when you first log into Roundcube. Changes made in either Roundcube or Squirrel after that will not be cross populated. @buzzword I'll check your account out tomorrow.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Thanks for the explanation Bob.
Oatey

I am missing the whole of my address book in the new email system.
Conrad Oatey
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Oatey @buzzword, the next time you log in your addresses /should/ be there. Let me know if they're not.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

buzzword

Regrettably still only 10 email addresses in address book, and they cannot be accessed/edited. I have taken screenshot of  addresses in Squirrel Mail as backup
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just looked again, which of your mailboxes is it as I'm guessing it's not the default one? Is it the one beginning 'j' or the one beginning 'n'?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

buzzword

Thanks  for your response. The one beginning 'n' is the one I am intereseted in
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, can you try again for me and see what it's like now?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team