cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Webmail

rob8271

Advanced Webmail

I use webmail with two identities. With the basic version we had the facility in the mailbox to highlight the messages for each identity with a different colour background. Now with the advanced version this and other settings have apparently disappeared.  WHY? I found this feature extremely helpful  Angry
10 REPLIES
mattdanielc
Grafter

Re: Advanced Webmail

I like it how they are calling it 'Advanced'.  Nope not really... it's called catching up with the rest of the webmail out there Plus net!  The old webmail was awful so glad to see they are trying to become modern again Smiley
Don't get me wrong - I love being with Plus Net - just think calling it 'advanced' is a bit ironic  Cool
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Thanks for the feedback guys.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mattdanielc
Grafter

Hi Adam
Hopefully I'll be able to give you some more constructive feedback once I can login - sadly I haven't got in to the advanced version yet.
Cheers
grahamt
Rising Star

I seem to have two Junk folders in my beta webmail account. Neither has any messages inside at the moment. One has a small icon that's the same as the big 'Mark as spam' icon above the main message window, and if I right-click on it the 'Empty' menu item (below 'Compact') is active - although there's nothing to empty. The other Junk folder has a different icon (which looks like a normal folder icon, blue) and the 'Empty' menu item is greyed out.
None of this worries me at all, but I thought it's worth pointing out. Do other people see the same thing or is it just something peculiar to my account?
Graham
[Edit} Ah. I've just seen that I can get rid of the second folder. I went to Personal Settings, chose the 'Folders' tab, and the second 'Junk' folder was the only one where I could untick the 'Subscribed' box. I'm assuming one Junk folder is enough, but let me know if there's a reason to stay subscribed to the second one.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: rob8271
I use webmail with two identities. With the basic version we had the facility in the mailbox to highlight the messages for each identity with a different colour background.

Yes - I used that and found it helpful too. It would be useful to have it on here but I suspect it's not available.
However RoundCube is so much better otherwise than SquirrelMail.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Quote from: grahamt
I seem to have two Junk folders in my beta webmail account. Neither has any messages inside at the moment. One has a small icon that's the same as the big 'Mark as spam' icon above the main message window, and if I right-click on it the 'Empty' menu item (below 'Compact') is active - although there's nothing to empty. The other Junk folder has a different icon (which looks like a normal folder icon, blue) and the 'Empty' menu item is greyed out.

Sorry, don't know how two Junk folders have arisen in your case but I think this could be a peculiarity on your account. I doubt one can have two folders with the same name so I wonder if one is really called Spam, and the other is actually called Junk. The former is the official spam folder that the mail system uses. If I am right the latter will be a personal folder that just happens to be called Junk. To explain:
If you subscribe to that Junk folder again so Roundcube will manage it, then go to
Personal Settings -> Preferences tab -> Special Folders.
That should show settings as in the first attachment - note Junk is associated with a folder called Spam.
Now back to the normal Mail listing and you should see something like the second attachment (I deliberately created a second "junk" folder to see what happened). As you mentioned the folder with the capital J shows a green Spam icon whereas the other with lower case J shows a blue icon like that for my abcoms.
As you discovered Special Folders have "Empty" on their right-click menu (which will empty the folder). For normal folders this is greyed out and one has to delete messages from the folder list.
Now to tidy up. Since the normal (additional) Junk folder is empty I went into Personal Settings -> Folders tab, selected the additional Junk folder, and deleted it. Roundcube confirmed it had been deleted, and the "official" Junk folder with green icon remains.
Sorry, a bit of a ramble but I hope the logic behind my suggested solution is clear.
David
David
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks for that clear advice. The only problem I had was at the end when I wanted to delete the additional folder - but eventually I did find the 'Folder actions' icon at the bottom of the window and was able to delete the folder.
I'm guessing that unsubscribing from the folder would have the same effect in practice, but it's nice to be tidy.
Graham
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

Unsubscribing from a folder would mean it is still there although Roundcube wouldn't use it. However something else might. Deleting it ensures it doesn't exist so nothing can use it - in my opinion the better solution.
David
David
Emlyn
Dabbler

First impressions are very positive, apart from the login, about which I've posted under 'Remembering users and password'. A big improvement.
sheepdip
Dabbler

Just tried roundcube last night. It's a big improvement to Squirelmail but it will take a bit of time to get used to.
I sometimes access my webmail on the road over 3 mobile and have problems sending emails so have to use webmail to do this. It would be brilliant (and possibly unique) if you could use roundmail to access more than one identity at a time. This would save having to log in as one user, process your emails and then have to log out and then in again to another identity.
Might make this a bit too complicated, but just an idea.