cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worst ISP of all time?

emich34

worst ISP of all time?

I am sorry but I honestly have no idea how Plusnet have attained so many awards as you have been the worst ISP I have ever dealt with in my entire life.
You promptly took my money on the 14th of April when I placed an order to switch and then proceeded to do nothing, until the 7th of May when you cancelled my current Sky subscription and left me without broadband and phone line; not even bothering to send me a router!
After having spent two weeks of jogging me around blaming other people for your incompetence, and telling me my broadband will be working the next day, no the next day the day after, and costing me a fortune on mobile phone tariffs along the process.
You have this morning informed me by TEXT not even bothering to call that you cannot provide me with the service I ordered and telling me to resubmit a new order at 5mbps?!? You couldn't check the exchange capacity before accepting my order? What have you been doing the past month since you took my 150 quid and gave me nothing?
This is unreal, not to mention 8/10 of the advisers I spoke to were downright rude; rather than apologizing and offering solutions all they did was ask if I wanted to cancel me order.
I really have no idea how you do business at Plusnet but in my opinion you have been unacceptable and yes I will be cancelling my order and going to BT instead. Thank you for wasting weeks of my time and money. 
Ps. an email to Which? about how awful your service was is the next thing on my desk. Any other ISP ratings I should contact?
4 REPLIES 4
emich34

Re: worst ISP of all time?

I forgot to mention that in households where people work from home and are dependent on their broadband/phone line working, not having internet becomes less of a minor  'inconvenience'.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Had you ordered a residential or a business account?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi emich34,
I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've encountered.
I've taken a look at this and a member of our Supplier Team tried to contact you today, however, you were unfortunately not available. They did leave a message and as you confirmed - they sent you a text message as well. I'm very sorry that you've encountered delays due to capacity issues at your exchange. Unfortunately we're not aware of this until the order is placed and goes into delay with our suppliers.
I can see that you've since contacted our cancellations department and your account is due to be cancelled soon. I can only apologise for the experience you've had and wish you luck with your new ISP.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As there are capacity issues you will need to order with a LLU supplier (e.g. TalkTalk or Sky) or with Virgin Media's cable service. Going with BT will put you in exactly the same position as you were with Plusnet - if there's capacity for BT Retail to order a service there is capacity for Plusnet to order a service (oth companies use a service provided by BT Wholesale).
If there are ongoing capacity issues I'd fancy your chances of pushing things forward more with the Sheffield based Plusnet call centre than the overseas BT call centre.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)