cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why was ,How come me and plusnet dont connect moved ?

scarrabri
Grafter

why was ,How come me and plusnet dont connect moved ?

I thought that this forum was for rants ,then why was my ,{ how come me and plusnet cant connect so quickly moved } i felt i had a very good reason to rant ,as being without broadband in the evening, after being with plusnet for only one week did not convince me i had made the right choice, i also noticed how quickly i regained my evening broadband after i complained and was amazed ,if plusnet thought i was going to follow the utter nonsence ,when clearly the problem was at there end , anyway musnt grumble Brian
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: why was ,How come me and plusnet dont connect moved ?

Hi Brian,
As per my post to you yesterday, we have been experiencing DNS issues, which have now been resolved.
You can read about them here: http://status.plus.net
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

My view is that Rants and Raves is for where things have gone wrong and trying to address them through an appropriate channel has failed. As such I'd expect to see posts about connection failures to say something about a unsatisfactory call to the support centre or unhelpful response to a ticket.
If you think of Rants and Raves as being the equivalent of starting to get angry about the service received and then look at an equivalent situation? If you'd bought something faulty in a shop would you walk in and start screaming and shouting at the staff, or would you in the first place politely ask for a replacement/refund? I know which is more likely to get a satisfactory result.
Where posts are made in Rants and Raves which look like members of the Community should be able to offer useful advice (and it isn't an escalation where appropriate channels have already been tried), the moderators will move them to the place where they are most likely to get the advice needed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scarrabri
Grafter

May i just add that the  reply to  the problem was an unhelpful response to a ticket. where i felt plusnet took the easy option out and passed there problem back to myself ,i wonder how many elderly plusnet users would carry there upstairs based computer downstairs to the bt socket knowing they have good broadband all day and then nothing between 6pm and approx 11 pm  ,not many ,the problem was at plusnets end and what made it worse is they knew it was ,Brian ps if it keeps working as well as it is now ,i will take everything back i said and never say a bad word again ,Brian
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Quote of previous post removed as per the link:rules]
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Brian, I know you are a new Customer, but you will get a load of help on this Forum, just a few points.
1) Dont give a full quote of the previous post, the moderators will remove it.  it is OK to give partial quotes and to give a full quote if there are several other posts intervening or if you post goes onto a new page.
2) PN has had a peculiar file access problem recently they think it is now cured, how is your browsing now?
3) the Evenings are always busy, thats when a lot of people get home from work
4) your first post was moved for very good reasons, it was moved to a help forum, if you go back to that thread post and ask you will most likely get valid answers.
5) asking you to connect direct to the master socket is to ensure that it is not your internal wiring that is at fault, you can still use a cable
PS I am 18 years older than you
scarrabri
Grafter

Hi pierre_pierre  point taken i wasnt actualy talking about elderly as myself ,as im still in my prime lol but thanks for pointing me in the right direction,and please forgive any rudeness ,only im still battle scared after trying to leave sky best wishes Brian Cool