cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why have i bothered to join this company

idiotforjoining
Hooked

why have i bothered to join this company

I have long thought that companies that boast about their customer service are generally organisations that need to do just that.

I genuinely thought pnet might be an improvement on the likes of talk talk /sky/virgin etc as far as customer service is concerned.

When phone calls seem to have wait times of 20 minutes and chat facilities seem unable to deal with what ordinary folk like myself would consider simple billing administration. 

It speaks volumes of an organization that hides the word "complaints" in its small print.  I am guessing that even then it is only mentioned because it is requirement by ofcom. 

It says a great deal when you find yourself resorting to pen and paper. Welcome to the 21st century .   

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: why have i bothered to join this company

Welcome to the forum.

Rather than resorting to pen and paper you may find it much more constructive and less hassle to explain in general terms your issue on the appropriate board in this forum. During the week (they're a bit thin on the ground at week ends) there are some very helpful Plusnet staff around who should be able to help. For more general issues there are also fellow customers who will offer advice or help if it's feasible.

If your problem is recorded on a ticket then a simple quoting of the ticket number and a 'please can you address it' posting can be enough to move things along.

Hopefully one of the Mods will pick up this post and move it to Feedback where it will get more visibility.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's not the point.

Far to often we see issues that have been mishandled (or not handled at all) being reported on here that should have been either handled or escalated correctly by the first line support.

People shouldn't have to resort to these forums as often as they do!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I know it's not a satisfactory way for an organisation to operate but I'm trying to advise the OP how to best get help. Paying cancellation charges and moving to a premium price ISP would, I agree, probably avoid this sort of issue but not everyone can afford to take this approach.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved from 'Introductions' to 'Plusnet Feedback'.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

"It speaks volumes of an organization that hides the word "complaints" in its small print.  I am guessing that even then it is only mentioned because it is requirement by ofcom."

That is true of all ISPs, even the highest rated at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8151-how-the-public-rated-their-broadband-providers-in-july-2018

I've been with Plusnet since 2010 and the only problem I have ever had was when the road/pavement near my green cabinet was dug up for some essential work being done overnight for a few days.

As for contacting Plusnet I have found that I can get through pretty quickly later in the evening.

ps If you want a taste of real digital hell try TT

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@daveplus wrote:

ps If you want a taste of real digital hell try TT

Judging by the original post I think he/she already has.  "I genuinely thought pnet might be an improvement on the likes of talk talk /sky/virgin etc as far as customer service is concerned."

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @idiotforjoining, firstly let me apologise for the problems that you've had. If you'd like to share them I'd be happy to try to help you resolve them but we're unable to identify your account from the information you've provided. 

@jelv wrote:

Far to often we see issues that have been mishandled (or not handled at all) being reported on here that should have been either handled or escalated correctly by the first line support.

That's fair criticism,  but whilst ever we employ people we're never going to get 100% accuracy, there will always be mistakes made. That doesn't mean that it's OK and we're constantly working to improve it and try to make it a better experience for customers.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
idiotforjoining
Hooked

Yes thank for those  comments  all I can say is you get what you pay for in this world.   

idiotforjoining
Hooked

The latest. the issue was regarding a billing issue.   It seems that my bank refused payment.  The amount is minimal as the contract was paid a year in advance.     It appears the pnet has mishandled a DD set up.   I would have sorted it out on the telephone but they seem to have issue with answering phone.    It got to new levels of rubbish service today the person on the live chat facility refused to escalate matters. He even refused to move it to a complaint.    

Looks like it will end up with Ofcom on the basis they are frustrating their own procedures.    I can see this ending up with a CC summons.

Does anyone know what PN use for debt collection just in case this goes badly.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.