cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who wants compensation for slow broadband

oakstar
Grafter

personally, after (so far) 49  Shocked days of all of us enduring constant problems with slow broadband speed and poor connections at regular intervals EVERY day, i would like to see a financial recompense christmas present from plusnet to all of it's customers to say sorry for being below the standard required and expected for broadband. yes equipment fails, yes issues take time to resolve, yes we are all still paying you for a broken service , 20 a month in my case !!
if you all feel the same way , add your name below by posting.
maybe if enough of us create enough fuss something might happen  Roll_eyes
48 REPLIES 48
oakstar
Grafter

near IP Profile speeds = full monthly cost
half speed = half the cost
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: who wants compensation for slow broadband

Moderators Note
Two threads on the same subject merged together
B.
oakstar
Grafter

Re: compensation for everyome for 49 days of slow speeds

sorry for the freudian slip in the title  Wink
personally i think broadband pricing for all IP's should be as follows -
£1 per month per 1 Gb of IP Profile on the subscribers line, with a guarantee of less than 10% drop in speed from IP Profile.
END OF STORY, NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED, AND NO BLAMING BTW FOR EVERYTHING.
oakstar
Grafter

Barry, can people still vote in the poll ?Huh
dick:red All caps post edited as per forum rules.
zubel
Community Veteran

Yes, of course..
And please can you refrain from posting in all-caps?  It's considered 'shouting' on t'interwebs.
Cheers

B.
oakstar
Grafter

good thanks, yep sorry about caps left my shouty head on  Roll_eyes
scootie
Grafter

i would like to vote but i have an issue with the poll, at what level are you expecting as ok speeds, we all know how broadband works so you cant say ip profile minus the overheads as the minum thourghput level cap.
i think its unfair to totaly with hold payment if say your getting 1/4 of the speeds of your ip profile.
if you can clear up how the minum level of speeds is going to be worked out, that could be implemented as workable by PN in being able to work out who is elligable for a discount  i would vote, but as the poll is not clear on many things am going to refrain from voting
nice idea but i think alittle more thought in to clearing some facts and figures up was needed before starting such a poll
i for one was on 21cn adsl2+ during the issues on 20cn and have an ip profile of 3000kbps and didnt see any slow downs full stop, thoe i do have this issue  on 21cn http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.0.html
do you think i should get a discount for not having perfect gaming for 2 hours of the day?
oakstar
Grafter

hi mr dog  Smiley
it was meant as a straw poll, just a "let's see what people think of the principle"  idea. being realistic - nothing i say on here is going to make  a hoots bit of difference to plusnet or btw is it.
scootie
Grafter

if you think that. then i surrgest you get the dog with a bone attidude quickly or you will never get what you want  Wink
somthing my grandad use to tell me when i thought it was no use and would get no where with companys ect, and that is a squeaky cog always gets oiled.
and thats from a man who worked high up in the derbyshire county council so if the councils oil there cogs to shut them up any company will, all thoe BTw is one of those though cookies to crack  Roll_eyes
p.s you should allways add a no vote as an option i would vote is not avalible,  for those like me that moan when we cant vote but want to register are intrest in subject but feel it needs a release candidate 2 to come out
oakstar
Grafter

squeaky cog always gets oiled. -  true  Wink

the 0% option was meant as a "no" vote  Smiley
avollmer
Grafter

Hi - similar to my post on another thread, we're totally focused on getting the network back on track. The team are making really good progress and I hope you will notice a difference very soon, if you haven't already. I do want to thank you all for your patience, and also your help diagnosing faults where something is wrong with a specific line (which can often get confused with more general network issues). Plusnet prides itself on the quality of connection we offer customers - we plan to stick to that commitment.
Anthony
oakstar
Grafter

Hi Anthony, i appreciate you taking the time to comment  Smiley
unfortunately there still appear to be problems even after the extensive hardware and software maintenance that has been carried out, my own little example -

when my router stats are -
Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 2:00:52
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 6,944
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 22.0 / 35.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 22.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ALCB
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 11 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 18 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 279,658
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2
when previously -

i admire your determination in sticking to your commitment, but if there are just literally too many customers for the bandwidth you have; (even since upgrading your central pipes) we would all probably be more understanding than at present if you were to admit that was the case. Maybe even why there appear to be so many hardware and software failures ? it's probably the nature of the beast i know, how about a "we have a definitive date for upgrade completion" that would give us something to look forward to  Smiley
best regards
cheryl
small turnout for the poll but an interesting result 60/40  Smiley
oakstar
Grafter

just had a ping time to london on the same connection of 200ms  Sad
reserved
Grafter

I had this result last night:
That's the best evening result for a long time, long may it continue.