cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very disappointed

chrismanville

very disappointed

If my experience so far is anything to go by, I may well live to regret switching to Plusnet. Having been drawn in by what looked like a great deal I have been greatly disappointed. I wanted to transfer from Tesco broadband because their reliability and customer service was appalling. All went well to begin with. My new router arrived and I was given a date of 8th November for the transfer to take place. Then nothing - until I rang Plusnet  yesterday. It took 50 minutes for me to get to speak to a human being - totally unacceptable - who informed me that my order had been cancelled because 'my line was inactive'. No one had bothered to contact me despite their promise to keep me updated by text or email.
I was then promised a phone call this morning to explain. This was not forthcoming and I spent another 30 minutes on hold trying to find out what was going on. Eventually I was informed that I could either re-order my broadband or start again with another provider - either way it is going to be another two weeks before I get my broadband sorted.
I am persevering, but with huge reservations. I can only hope that things improve. But I am not holding my breath. Definitely won't be making any referrals.
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: very disappointed

Welcome to the forum chrismanville albeit not under the best of circumstances.
Hopefully one of the Digital Care guys who prowl the forum during the day can pick this up and update you.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about the unexpected delay in getting your services up and running with us. From reading through the notes it appears that the issue with the "inactive line" that caused the order to be rejected happened because the previous provider didn't allow us to port your existing telephone number over unfortunately.
I've just updated ticket 76238200 with you with details about when the order is due to complete.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Adam,
Do not want to appear overly critical here, but though the cause of this problem was not of PN's making, why was the failed provision not proactively acted upon?  Why did the CS agent who dealt with the consequence of this not take the line of "Sorry, we will get this fixed for you" rather than the "YOU (the customer who has been messed around) can reorder (with what hope of success?) or 'clear off' somewhere else!"?
A new customer is not going to be aware that something has gone wrong unless PN advises them of the same.  This is not a unique occurrence of cancelled provisions not being proactively managed... until the customer complains on here.  What is the management remedial action plan for addressing this symptomatic failure please?
In this user's case, would I be correct in concluding that a straight reorder (as advised by the CS rep) would have resulted in the same 'inactive line' order failure because the old service provider still has the phone number?  Who is that service provider?  Knowledge of the same could be a warning to other migrators that they could face similar issues.  I thought under Ofcom rules, no CP could inhibit the migration of a number...  Huh
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

I thought under Ofcom rules, no CP could inhibit the migration of a number...
IIRC it used to be that if it was originally a BTw number then it could ALWAYS be ported but, as you say, I believe that's changed!.
OfCom's statement (http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/phonossitch1) seems to confirm that
So if you’re staying at the same address and your number is active, your current provider must allow it to be transferred to a new phone company.

and the CAB (http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/consumer_ni/phones_tv_internet_and_computers_index_e/consumer_problems_with_switching_providers_phones_tv_internet_computer_e/keeping_your_number_when_you_switch.htm) seems clear on it.
All landline phone companies must allow you to keep your phone number when you switch provider.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.