cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value to extra speeds worse

smiffyb36
Grafter

Re: value to extra speeds worse

Stamp your feet and throw your dummy out some more, i'm sure this will help the situation  Cheesy
Under Ofcom’s current voluntary Code of Practice (CoP) on speed, which 95% of UK ISPs have already agreed to (CoP ISP List), UK broadband providers must agree to do the following:
    * Provide consumers at the point of sale with an accurate estimate of the maximum speed that their line can support. (you will have been given a speed estimate)
    * Explain clearly and simply how technical factors may slow down speeds, while also offering help and advice to consumers to improve the situation at home. (if you do the faults checker as asked plusnet staff will give you the advice, can't do that without identifying the problem)
    * Offer an alternative package (if there is one) without any penalties, if the actual speed is a lot lower than the original estimate. (you have the option to downgrade if you wish)
    * Explain fair usage policies (FUP) clearly and alert consumers when they have been breached. (no fair usage policy)
nadger
Rising Star

My speeds on Value have helped improve Plusnet's up to 8Mbps figures in the Samknows/Ofcom trials.
For reference I have a Cisco Linksys WRT160NL (supplied by Samknows) linked to my wireless router and tests are run every hour. I can view these on Samknows website.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've replied to your fault ticket.